TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Limelight Networks, Inc. (“Limelight”) (Nasdaq:LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, today released the results of a CDN industry customer survey that provides insight into common challenges related to the storage, management, and delivery of digital content.
Here are the key findings from the survey.
Content Delivery Presents Global Challenges (Source: TechValidate: TVID: E0B-285-184) Global content delivery is essential to organizations today. With growing customer bases worldwide, CDN customers require effective global delivery of their digital content, no matter where the requestor resides.
CDN customers cited the following operational challenges:
- 63 percent of respondents indicated the importance of reaching customers in multiple geographies;
- 40 percent cited a company requirement to move growing amounts of data; and
- 38 percent reported problems with Internet reliability and speed.
Customer Operational Environments Require 24/7 CDN Availability and Enormous Scale (Source: TechValidate: TVID: 786-103-6D7)
Organizations are focused on worldwide expansion. Therefore, their content needs to be available to consumers all day, every day, regardless of geographic location.
- 85 percent of respondents – the largest response of any survey query – indicate 24/7 delivery of content is now a requirement.
- 58 percent highlight the need for worldwide content delivery.
- Almost half – 45 percent – note unpredictable and significant spikes in demand are common.
Origin Content is Growing and Needs to be Accessed 24/7 from Multiple Locations (Source: TechValidate: TVID: 64D-D82-E7A)
Customers face challenges storing their digital content for a variety of reasons. Origin content is growing rapidly, creating increased storage demands and the need for remote accessibility.
- 70 percent require the assurance of 24/7 data access and availability.
- 47 percent cite the challenge of capacity planning for increased demand.
- 40 percent note the need to access origin content from multiple locations.
“Today content owners are required to move exponentially more complex objects – videos, images, web content, software releases, and updates – to their customers on a broad scale,” said Kirby Wadsworth, CMO of Limelight. “They are increasingly relying on this digital content to operate global businesses. Only CDNs that deliver customer content with exceptional reliability and performance worldwide can meet these needs.”
“Limelight has delivered a robust, stable and dependable streaming network, (and) our account management (team) has been outstanding,” Anne-Marie Gatringer, operations manager, Insinc Internet Services GmbH.
Based on input from over 200 CDN customers, the survey was conducted in September 2014 by TechValidate, an independent research organization, and looked at how companies are handling the operational challenges of delivering large amounts of object data globally. For more information on this survey, or to view the results in their entirety, please click here.
Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage digital audiences by enabling them to manage and deliver digital content on any device, anywhere in the world. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog, and be sure to follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/llnw.