DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7wjv9c/ballistic) has announced the addition of the "Ballistic Protection Market by Type, sub-type , & by Application - Global Forecasts & Analysis to 2014 - 2020" report to their offering.
The global ballistic protection market was valued at $7.90 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $11.03 billion by the end of 2020, to grow at a CAGR of 5.11%
The ballistic protection market can be segmented into two major types-personal protective equipment and vehicle armor. Personal protective equipment (PPE) consists of protective clothing, helmets, goggles, and other equipment designed to safeguard the personnel's body from external injuries.
PPE protects the body from hazards that include physical, electrical, heat, chemicals, and bio hazards. PPE in the defense industry can be further segmented into soft armor, hard armor, and protective head gear. Soft body armor is used in regular bullet and stab resistant vests, and hard armor, which is rigid reinforced body armor, and is, used in high risk situations by police tactical units and combat soldiers. Protective head gear mainly refers to high-quality helmets made of ballistic materials such as Kevlar and aramid, which possess excellent bullet and fragmentation stopping power.
The North American market is expected to reach $3.13 billion by the
end of 2014 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.17%.
- Europe accounts for 26% of the total market.
APAC and The Middle East are expected to be the key growth regions in
the business jet market. APAC accounts for 19% of the global ballistic
protection market. The Armed Forces of the Philippines is expected to
acquire weapons worth $97.6 million, other equipment and logistical
support in the near future as part of a modernization effort.
- The Middle East ballistic protection system market is expected to reach $4.59 billion by the end of 2014 to grow at a CAGR of 3.75% till 2020.
- The Latin American ballistic protection system market is expected to reach $7.63 billion by the end of 2014 to grow at a CAGR of 4.94% till 2020.
- The African ballistic protection system market is expected to reach $3.07 billion by the end of 2014 to grow at a CAGR of 4.77% till 2020.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Industry Trends
7 Ballistic Protection Market, By Type
8 Ballistic Protection Market, By Application
9 Geographic Analysis
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
- Armorsource, LLC.
- Armorworks Enterprises, LLC.
- Australian Defence Apparel Pty Ltd.
- BAE Systems PLC
- Ceradyne, Inc.
- E.L Dupont DE Nemours & Co.
- Eagle Industries
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Morgan Advanced Materials PLC
- Point Blank Enterprises
- Rheinmetall AG
- Royal Ten Cate (Tencate)
- Survitec Group Limited
- Teijin Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7wjv9c/ballistic