TORTOLA, British Virgin Islands--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As the BVI Food Fete kicked off on November 1, excitement is in the air with a variety of package deals and resort offerings available throughout the winter season. The British Virgin Islands (BVI) Tourist Board invites travelers to escape the cold with incredible specials and offers throughout the islands. Package deals are available from a variety of properties – from luxury villas to resorts and chartered yachts – and include complimentary excursions, free nights, delicious meals and more.
Whether looking for an extended winter getaway or a whirlwind weekend escape, the BVI is the perfect tropical retreat. The destination continues to offer easy and affordable accessibility, with special flight deals and increased airlift.
Seaborne Airlines recently announced a new interline agreement with United Airlines, which will provide customers with stress-free and convenient connections between the networks of both carriers to the BVI. As part of the agreement, travelers can now purchase a single ticket for United and Seaborne Airlines services, check baggage to their final destination and receive access to connecting flights at the Luis Munoz Marin Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Seaborne will offer four (4) roundtrip daily flights to the Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport (EIS) located on Beef Island, Tortola, from San Juan, Puerto Rico during the following time periods, furthering the ease of travel:
- November 15-30, 2014
- December 18, 2014 – January 4, 2015
- February 5 – June 30, 2015
Onsite, the BVI offers activities and experiences for all visitors, from island exploration to exhilarating watersports. Families, couples and individuals can enjoy everything from water sports to hiking trails and delectable culinary experiences. Visitors can explore the beautiful Baths, hike through Gorda Peak National Park or sample incredible spiny lobster in Anegada. For those interested in a unique travel experience, yachts will be available for charter, with special deals throughout November.
Destination-specific deals include:
Private Islands & Luxury Resorts
Whether vacationing as a family, or on a romantic getaway, the BVI hosts a variety of travelers interested in a peaceful and secluded experience in a luxury resort or on a private island.
- Biras Creek Resort: Biras Creek is offering an “Ultimate Romance Package” available through December 22, 2014. This week-long package features accommodations, complimentary meals, bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival, a sunset sail, an off-site excursion, two thirty-minute massages from the Biras Spa and complimentary airport transfers on Virgin Gorda or from Beef Island.
- Guana Island: Looking for a peaceful getaway? Guana Island is offering a “Private Island Adventure” package, which includes a five night stay with breakfast included, inter-island transport and waterfront access. With 850 acres of beach, forest and mountains, Guana Island has more than 20 hiking trails, seven beaches, an organic orchard and much more. This package is available through December 31, 2014.
- Peter Island Resort & Spa: Special deals will be available from January 4, 2015 until May 31, 2015 for guests looking to spend a week in a Beach Front Junior Suite. Meals and beverage plans must be purchased for each night and the deal includes a free night, which will be redeemed at the time of booking.
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay: Throughout November, Rosewood Little Dix Bay is offering a “Wellness Retreat” package, which includes two yoga and lifestyle classes each day. Visitors will learn the skills they need to achieve their fitness goals.
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina: Scrub Island is offering a six night stay in an Ocean View Suite, daily breakfast for two, complimentary champagne and chocolate strawberries upon arrival. The special also includes a couple’s spa treatment at Ixora Spa by L’OCCITANE, a private dinner on the beach and daily turndown service.
Resorts, Hotels & Inns
A resort, hotel or inn experience is the perfect fit for families and friends looking for a full-service, relaxing vacation.
- Bitter End Yacht Club: Bitter End Yacht Club is offering a special discount on Standard Beachfront Cottage and North Sound rooms, available throughout the high season. The special includes a “Water’s Edge breakfast,” as well as on-property adventure activities.
- Fischer’s Cove Hotel: With an incredible location and complimentary amenities such as high-speed internet, relax and rewind at Fischer Cove, with discounts on Standard and Beachfront Rooms and Cottages through April 15, 2015.
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel: Fort Recovery is offering deals on Bedroom Deluxe or Superior Beachfront Villa Suites, which includes a full American breakfast, jeep rentals, romantic dinner, couples massage and one sunset mind and body yoga class.
- Lambert Beach Resort: With a variety of accommodation styles and activity offerings, Lambert Beach Resort has special rates until April 15, 2015 including a family package and a Tortola exploration program.
Multigenerational travelers and larger groups will love the ease and space that a private villa offers, all complete with a beautiful view!
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel: Fort Recovery is offering a “Boat Enthusiast” package through April 15, 2015, which includes four nights in a one-bedroom villa, with two mornings of breakfast and two evenings of dinner.
- Oil Nut Bay: Villa specials in this luxury community are available through December 17, 2014, and are accompanied by luxury amenities. Experience beautiful seascapes and one-of-a-kind beachfronts, offering guests the ultimate Caribbean experience.
- Peter Island Resort & Spa: Peter Island is offering specials on villas, where guests can book a relaxing week-long getaway, with a free night redeemed at the time of booking through May 31, 2015.
- White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages: Unwind at White Bay Villas, which is having a 10% discount special on incredible rooms. The "Fall into Fall" package will allow visitors to find hidden treasures on Norman Island. Guided snorkel tours of the Caves and other fun activities will be included.
Travelers looking for a one-of-a-kind, luxurious travel experience can stay aboard a chartered yacht, enjoying the sounds of the sea while exploring the 60 islands and cays.
- Horizon Yacht Charters: The fall is a beautiful time to sail in the BVI, and available through the month of November, Horizon Yacht Charters will offer deals for week-long or ten-night charters. Sail away the early winter blues, with ten percent discounts available until November 30, 2014.
For more information related to the BVI destinations, including specials, accommodations and events, please go to www.bvitourism.com.
About the British Virgin Islands
An archipelago comprised of 60 islands and cays, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are located 80 kilometers east of Puerto Rico, in the northwestern region of the Caribbean Sea. The main islands are Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke. Road Town, located on Tortola, is the British Virgin Island’s capital.
The BVI is renowned as a destination for sailing, diving and snorkeling. The destination’s vast topography provides unique opportunities for hiking, outdoor adventure and sustainable tourism.
The BVI is home to many famous attractions that include The Baths on Virgin Gorda, the Wreck of the Rhone off the coast of Salt Island, The Caves off the coast of Norman Island, the flamingos on Anegada, White Bay Beach on Jost Van Dyke, and Sage Mountain on Tortola.
Despite its status as a United Kingdom territory, the BVI uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency.
The BVI Tourist Board invites everyone to experience the seduction of our pristine and exquisite home. For more information on all that BVI has to offer, visit www.bvitourism.com.