SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT) – the leader in embedded analytics, today announced the lineup of keynote speakers and technically focused breakout sessions for its annual customer conference, Data Driven Summit 2014, taking place in the following cities: Santa Clara on Nov. 6, Singapore on Nov. 11, Tokyo on Nov. 13, Paris on Nov. 18, London on Nov. 19, Frankfurt on Nov. 20 and NYC on Dec. 3.
Data Driven Summit 2014 will bring together more than 1000 business intelligence professionals and developers to network, collaborate and share insights on how to build the “Next Big App.” In addition to keynote presentations, attendees will have the opportunity to join technical breakout sessions led by Actuate’s executives and industry experts to gain insight into the latest trends in Big Data, Internet of Things, Mobile and Embedded Apps.
Data Driven Summit 2014 General Session and Industry Expert Keynotes:
In each city, Actuate and industry experts will explore how the next big apps will leverage the right data to drive organizations business forward, and discuss the latest technologies shaping the industry. Speakers will include:
- Pete Cittadini, Actuate’s president and CEO, will draw from his more than 20 years of experience in the embedded analytics industry to discuss key drivers shaping the next big app customers require today and into the future.
- Shaku Atre, founder and managing partner of the Atre Group, the author of six highly regarded books on database technology, and a former IBM executive and Price Waterhouse Coopers partner.
- Esteban Kolsky, principal and founder of ThinkJar, LLC, and a member of the advisory boards for Klever and for Constellation Research. He has worked as a research director at Gartner, and was formerly CTO at Tiedosta.
- Helena Schwenk, principal analyst at MWD Advisors focusing on issues related to driving value from customer analytics and information management technology, and a former senior analyst at Ovum.
- Allen Bonde, Actuate’s VP of product marketing and innovation, also former analyst at McKinsey and Yankee Group. A data scientist turned CMO, he was an early proponent of data-driven marketing, and today is a contributor to Forbes, 1to1 Media, and Small Data Group – his top-rated blog.
Data Driven Summit 2014 Customer Panels and Technical Sessions
Attendees will also hear from Actuate’s product experts, customers and partners, as they share tips on designing next-generation Web and mobile apps and leveraging the power of BIRT. Topics will include:
- Embedded Analytics Customer Presentations, featuring organizations such as New York City Transit, SaskTel, Diginius, Elcom International, Optimum Response, MGStream, Centreon and more as they share their own experience and perspectives on the next big app, and how they are using embedded analytics to reach and engage their customers.
- Big Data Visualizations and UX Best Practices, examining different BIRT visualization techniques, ways to deliver deeper contextual understanding, and UX trends in modern app development.
- Mobile Apps and the Internet of Things, outlining the latest thinking around mobile and embedded apps, comparing development approaches, and looking behind the scenes of Actuate’s wearables reference implementations.
- Big Data Analytics, featuring the latest strategies, technologies and best practices for modeling customer information and generating more targeted insights to drive content and campaign optimization.
Learn more about Actuate’s premier customer event and register for a free pass at Data Driven Summit 2014. Additional information about Actuate’s Embedded Analytics portfolio is available at www.actuate.com. Follow us on Twitter @Actuate, #DataDrivenSummit.
About Actuate (NASDAQ:BIRT) – The BIRT Company™
Actuate provides software to more than 3.5 million BIRT developers and OEMs who build scalable, secure solutions that save time and improve brand experience by delivering personalized analytics and insights to over 200 million of their customers, partners and employees. Actuate founded and supports BIRT – the open source IDE – and develops BIRT iHub™ – the world-class visualization and deployment platform – to significantly improve productivity of developers working on customer facing applications. Actuate’s BIRT Analytics™ delivers self-service predictive analytics to enhance customer engagement using Big Data. The Actuate Customer Communications Suite™ empowers organizations to easily transform, process, personalize, archive and deliver high volume content and individualized correspondence. Actuate is headquartered in Silicon Valley with more than 5,000 enterprise customers in financial services, technology and government. Visit actuate.com, developer.actuate.com and blogs.actuate.com.
Copyright © 2014 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate, legodo, BIRT iHub, BIRT iHub F-Type, BIRT Analytics, Actuate Customer Communications Suite, The Actuate Document Accessibility Appliance, BIRT PowerDocs, BIRT onDemand, BIRT Viewer Toolkit, and the Actuate logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between Actuate and any other company. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.