ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sports Authority, one of the largest full-line sporting goods retailers in the United States and Puerto Rico, announced today that it will host grand reopening events for its redesigned stores in the Western Washington area on Saturday, November 8, at 8am.
Sports Authority has finished remodeling 11 of its stores and has opened three new stores in the Western Washington area. Each of the remodeled stores is equipped with an intuitive new store design and specialty sport shops with products from top brands like Nike, Under Armour, adidas, The North Face and more. These redesigned Sports Authority stores are dedicated to bringing all things sporting good to Western Washington. By providing industry-leading customer service and extensive product knowledge, Sports Authority encourages Western Washington residents to come together through the power of play.
“We are excited about the grand reopening of these Western Washington Sports Authority stores,” said Michael E. Foss, Chief Executive Officer of Sports Authority. “Sports Authority believes in celebrating the good of sport, and we are delighted to bring this philosophy to the stores we have throughout the Washington area while providing great value and outstanding service to the families and recreational athletes in their communities.”
The grand reopening celebrations will begin Saturday, November 8 at 8am. The first 200 customers at each store will receive a Seattle Seahawks poncho and the first 100 customers will receive Seattle Skyline Socks. There will also be hourly $100 Sports Authority gift card giveaways on Saturday from 9am to 6pm, and a chance for customers to win a $500 Sports Authority shopping spree (entry period runs November 8 and 9). Customers will also have a chance to win two-club level tickets to a 2014 Seattle Seahawks home game as well as a trip to see the Seahawks play in Arizona.
In addition to these exciting giveaways, Sports Authority will host athlete appearances on Saturday, November 8 at the following locations:
- Issaquah: Seattle Seahawks Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Steve Largent, 11am-12:30pm
- Tukwila: Former Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Marcus Trufant, 11am-12:30pm
- Northgate North: Former Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Marcus Trufant, 1:30-3pm
- Tacoma: Seattle Seahawks Hall of Fame Offensive Tackle Walter Jones, 11am-12:30pm
- Crossroads Bellevue: Seattle Seahawks Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Steve Largent, 1:30-3pm
- Auburn: Seattle Seahawks Hall of Fame Offensive Tackle Walter Jones, 1:30-3pm
- Puyallup: Former Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Dave Krieg, 1-2:30pm
- Bellevue: Former Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Jim Zorn, 11am-12:30pm
- Lynnwood East: Former Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Jim Zorn, 1:30-3pm
- Lake Stevens: Seattle Outfielder Michael Saunders, 11am-12:30pm
- Everett: Seattle Outfielder Michael Saunders, 1:30-3pm
And on Tuesday, November 11, Sports Authority will host appearances by Seattle Seahawks players:
- Tukwila: Seattle Seahawks Wide Receiver Doug Baldwin, 6:30-7:30pm
- Auburn: Seattle Seahawks Wide Receiver Ricardo Lockette, 6:30-7:30pm
Customers are invited to join The League, Sports Authority’s loyalty program, which gives members a point for every dollar spent. Within a quarterly period, members who earn 100 points or more will receive 5% back on all in-store merchandise. Members of The League, Sports Authority’s loyalty program, will receive a $10 Thank You Reward with any purchase on November 8 and 9, valid for use on future in-store purchases through November 22.
For more information on the grand reopening events and regular store hours, please visit sportsauthority.com/seattle.
About Sports Authority
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, Sports Authority is one of the largest full-line sporting goods retailers with 474 locations across 43 states and Puerto Rico. Sports Authority offers a broad range of sporting goods from leading brands and is the active family’s destination for footwear, apparel, fitness, team sports and outdoor recreation. The League by Sports Authority, a free and easy rewards program, offers members 5% back after they earn 100 points or more during a quarterly period. For a list of store locations and information, or to shop online, visit www.sportsauthority.com. Sports Authority also owns and operates nine S.A. Elite by Sports Authority locations that offer a premiere assortment of high-end performance apparel, footwear and accessories. Visit www.saelite.com for more information. Follow Sports Authority on Facebook http://facebook.com/SportsAuthority and Twitter http://twitter.com/SportsAuthority.