PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RGS, a business unit of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today introduced the RGS Visitor and Student Identification System (VISIT), a new credential and individual tracking solution designed to make schools and other public facilities more secure by providing a fast, reliable and easy-to-use system for logging, verifying and tracking visitors.
The RGS VISIT solution enables schools to log and track visitors and students, and provides background identification checks against the U.S. Department of Justice National Sexual Predator, Offender watch lists and any other available criminal databases. Complemented by a visual picture double check, the solution provides a key layer of assurance that unwelcome persons and custodial threats are prohibited from gaining access to students and staff. The RGS VISIT system is also suitable for other facilities seeking to limit access to unauthorized individuals, including hospitals and doctors’ offices, corporate buildings, manufacturing facilities and critical infrastructure facilities, such as power and water treatment plants. The complete RGS VISIT system includes camera, driver’s license reader, printer and controlling software with options for staff badging and mobile check in and verification modules.
“Most schools today have some form of controlled access to their buildings, but having a staff member sitting in the lobby ‘buzzing’ visitors in is of little value unless you can ensure these individuals mean no harm,” said Scott MacDonald, vice president and general manager, RGS. “At the same time, schools want to remain respectful of the time and privacy rights of the 99.9 percent of school visitors who are there to support the learning process. Our new VISIT system provides an efficient, secure and non-intrusive way to manage visitors without overt measures such as armed security guards which could negatively impact the learning experience for children. RGS VISIT is another element of the overall RGS education portfolio designed to provide students with every possible opportunity to thrive in the classroom.”
Features of the RGS VISIT solution include:
- Easy-to-use Visitor Management System (VMS) with minimal training and technical knowledge required.
- Registration, with background checks, completed in as little as 15 seconds.
- Capable of reading information from the issued identification strips from 50 jurisdictions, Canadian driver’s licenses as well as Military and Government IDs with current photo double check.
- Data is encrypted and password-protected to prevent loss or theft of sensitive information.
- In the event of a security threat or emergency, the system will automatically send alert notifications for help, and prompt the operator with organization-approved instructions for how to respond.
- RGS VISIT is highly customizable and allows custom badging for teams, students, visitors, volunteers, staff and even special events, simplifying the return visitor process.
- Robust reporting tools create a comprehensive audit trail to the status of a facility.
- RGS VISIT allows visitor management to be mobile and not tied to a single location.
For more information, visit the RGS website at http://rorke.com/education.
Connect with Avnet:
RGS, a business unit of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), is a solutions integrator adept at tailoring hardware, software and a full suite of lifecycle services designed to meet the unique needs of customers across a wide range of end-market segments. RGS works to solve the business challenges of OEMs, independent software vendors (ISVs) and channel partners, resulting in better cost optimization, deeper market penetration and accelerated sustainable growth for those customers. RGS leverages a wide array of innovative technologies from leading providers, as well as a portfolio of standard and customizable servers and purpose-built appliances developed in-house. RGS operates within the Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas business region of Avnet, Inc. More information about RGS can be found at www.rorke.com.
About Avnet, Inc.
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 28, 2014, Avnet generated revenue of $27.5 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.