DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xm93v2/global_and_china) has announced the addition of the "Global and China Monoclonal Antibody Industry Report, 2014-2019" report to their offering.
Despite world-wide economic downturn and great changes in exchange rate, benefiting from robust market demand, global monoclonal antibody market size exceeded USD 80 billion in 2013, still one of biotech drugs with the fastest CAGR in recent years.
Global blockbuster monoclonal antibody agents are still concentrated in Roche (Genentech), Amgen, AbbVie (Abbott), Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, etc. In 2013, the top 10 best-selling monoclonal antibody agents (Humira, Remicade, Enbrel, Rituxa, Avastin, Herceptin, Lucents, Synagis, Prolia/Xgeva and Erbitux, in order) mostly came from these companies mentioned above. Global sales of these ten monoclonal antibody agents totaled about USD 58.1 billion in 2013, and are predicted to amount to USD 64.1 billion in 2014.
These companies construct mature monoclonal antibody R&D platform, have unparalleled technical advantages in a series of processes including the selection of target gene, genetic sequencing, construction of monoclonal antibody structure and industrialized production, and are well-capitalized (R&D costs of these companies accounted for 15%-20% of revenue during the same period.). It is expected that they will keep a leading position in global monoclonal antibody market over the next five to ten years.
The Chinese monoclonal antibody market developed rapidly in recent years, with market size recording a CAGR of 38.9% during 2010-2013. There are nine domestic monoclonal antibody agents introduced to the market, such as Shanghai CP Guojian Pharmaceutical's Nimotuzuma and Biotech Pharm's recombinant humanized anti-CD25 monoclonal antibody. However, the market is dominated by imported agents like Rituximab, Trastuzumab, Infliximab and Bevacizumab, which account for more than 70%.
With advancement of monoclonal antibody technology, incoming expiry date for patents of some blockbuster monoclonal antibody agents and bright future for monoclonal antibody, Livzon Pharmaceutical Group, Walvax Biotechnology, Hualan Biological Engineering, Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical and other companies invested heavily to enter monoclonal antibody market, and multiple products have entered stage of pre-preclinical or clinical research.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Monoclonal Antibody Industry
2. Overview of Global Monoclonal Antibody Industry
3 Chinese Monoclonal Antibody Market
4 Key Foreign Monoclonal Antibody Agent Enterprises
5 Key Chinese Monoclonal Antibody Agent Enterprises
6 Summary and Forecast
- Beijing Biotech Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Beijing SL Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Huasun Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Huasun Group Co., Ltd.
- Huahai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Hualan Biological Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc.
- Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Shanghai CP GuoJian Biotech Academy
- Shanghai CP Guojian Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Guosheng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Lansheng States Kin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Medipharm Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Zhangjiang Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Main Luck Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Yunnan Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xm93v2/global_and_china