CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Groupon (www.groupon.com) announced the launch of more than 7 million new listings for merchants called Pages––making Groupon the first place to go for ratings, tips, money-saving opportunities and other useful information for local businesses in the United States.
For the first time, Groupon is using these millions of new pages as a platform to publish its more than 20 million validated ratings and helpful tips from real customers to highlight the unique aspects of local businesses. In addition, Pages provide merchants with an additional online presence to connect with potential customers and drive more sales in the form of exclusive offers, everyday specials, coupons and other promotions.
“Pages brings millions of additional businesses to the Groupon marketplace and connects them with our large community of mobile users looking for things to do, see or buy,” said Eric Lefkofsky, Groupon CEO. “We’re giving these merchants their own space on Groupon and new tools to highlight their business and bring new customers through their doors.”
“No one knows more about local commerce than Groupon, and we’re putting this knowledge to work for merchants and our customers,” Lefkofsky added.
Following a successful pilot in Chicago, D.C., New York, San Francisco and Seattle, Pages are now live and more will continue to roll out until nearly every local business in the United States has a presence on Groupon.
Merchants and customers will have access to the following capabilities through Pages:
- Take Ownership – Merchants can claim a page to manage the content on their listing to highlight what makes their business unique.
- Personalize a Page – Pages are customizable with the ability to add a website link, business hours, phone number and street address. In addition, merchants can make their page visually engaging with photos and personal testimonials.
- Publish Specials – Merchants can entice new customers and reward existing ones by adding specials, coupons and promotions to their page.
- Receive Real-time Feedback – Groupon sends out a survey about their experience every time a customer redeems a deal or claims a merchant coupon or special, providing immediate feedback to the business.
- Communicate with Customers – Pages will also offer merchants the ability to directly engage with customers who leave feedback to thank them for positive feedback or privately address negative feedback on the spot.
- Connect with a Business – Customers can find contact information, directions, hours and check out tips from past verified buyers.
- Follow a Business - Customers can now follow a specific merchant to get updates about that business and be the first to know when the business has a great offer.
- Request a Deal – Even if a merchant is not running a deal, if enough customers request one through a merchant's page, Groupon will reach out to the merchant to construct an offer. If the merchant decides to run a deal, the user will be notified when it goes live.
- Recommend a Business – Pages allow customers to recommend a business and leave helpful tips for other customers.
- Serve As a Local Expert – Verified Groupon customers are able to provide feedback about a business such as the perfect wine pairing, the most delicious appetizers or best night to hear live music.
"It’s essential that we find ways to build public awareness of our facility within our market and connect with potential customers," said Scott Chreist, Owner, Adventura, Seattle. "Groupon has proven to be instrumental in supporting the growth of Adventura and helping to highlight the epic experience we offer." To view Adventura’s page on Groupon, please click here.
Planned Pages enhancements include: a premium version with connectivity to Groupon’s Gnome merchant tablet to allow for instant deal promotion, customer engagement tools and marketing analytics, expansion to the popular Groupon mobile app in November as well as integration with popular third-party reservations, scheduling and online-ordering platforms.
Businesses interested in learning more about Pages and how to claim their page can visit https://www.grouponworks.com/pages. Groupon users can find Pages when they search for their favorite local businesses on Groupon.com or in a web or mobile browser.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.