DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kcmr8v/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in the Republic of the Congo, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The insurance industry in the Republic of the Congo (the Congo) is relatively small and underdeveloped, and had only five operational companies as of 2011. Key factors affecting the industry's performance during the review period include poverty and the global economic crisis. According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the poverty rate stood at 46.5% in 2011.
The industry driver is the non-life segment, which accounted for 84.6% of the total gross written premium in 2013. The Conférence Internationale des Marchés d'Assurances (CIMA), which was established on July 10, 1992, is the official industry regulator.
- The insurance industry in the Republic of the Congo (the Congo) is relatively small and underdeveloped, and had only five operational companies as of 2011.
- Key factors affecting the industry's performance during the review period include poverty and the global economic crisis.
- Life insurance continued to be the fastest growing segment, with a CAGR of 30.3% during the review period.
- The Congo is one of the leading oil producers in Sub-Saharan Africa, and has large reserves of associated natural gas.
- To reform insurance operations, the government has defined a plan wherein the public operator - Assurances et Réassurances du Congo (ARC) - has been restructured in line with the CIMA code and Regional Reinsurance Company rules.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Congolese Insurance Industry Overview
4 Industry Segmentation
5 Governance, Risk and Compliance
6 Competitive Landscape
7 Macroeconomic Indicators
- Assurances Générales du Congo-Vie (AGC-Vie)
- NSIA Vie Congo
- Assurances Générales du Congo
- Assurances et Reassurances du Congo
- Nouvelle Société Interafricaine d'Assurances
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kcmr8v/the_insurance