CHANTILLY, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ICG announced the release of LUX v2.0, the company’s real-time streaming data analytics platform. LUX v2.0 will be commercially available on November 15, 2014.
LUX is designed specifically for analysts and subject matter experts. It ingests, enriches, and applies analytics to billions of raw data events in real time. Analysts can easily modify existing rules or craft new ones on the fly. Analyst-created rules specify discovery thresholds that prompt LUX to generate real-time alerts. Engineers and programmers are not needed for these data exploitation functions, reducing cost and data delays. This real-time access to data and ability for users to manipulate rules immediately significantly enhances situational awareness and creates decision advantage.
LUX 2.0 achieves a 40% gain in functionality and productivity with a completely redesigned user interface. Functionality improvements include:
- Introduction of real-time machine-learned predictive modeling -- a bridging of complex event processing and machine-learned analytics.
- Enhanced user experience -- reorientation of the interface to a project environment, permitting teams to collaborate on common problems. The environment features access, security level, and participation privilege management.
- Improved analytical interaction model -- includes universal time range filtering and rule/folder selection, and streamlined access to geospatial, alert browse, and new timeline visualizations. Ability to integrate custom analytics written in LUX Program Developer Kit with the interface analytics include heat maps, anomalous activity and forecasting with more on the way.
- Improved and expanded geospatial visualizations -- new map servers and integration, improved geospatial analytical Area of Interest (AOI) creation and management, and new customizable icon sets.
- New real-time Watchboard builder -- makes it easier and faster to aggregate analytics and rules outputs for 24X7 situational awareness, monitoring, and alerting.
- Even more scalable -- LUX can perform distributed, parallel analytics at a scale of two billion events per day on just two laptops, and it easily scales up from there.
- Improved administration interface -- includes real time display of current users, rules, and counts.
- New LUX Plugin Developer Kit (PDK)
“While there is exciting buzz around Big Data and streaming analytics, organizations are struggling to actually make use of the available information for time and decision advantage,” said David Waldrop, CEO of ICG. “We designed LUX with the idea of empowering the end user analyst to directly interact with this big fast moving data. They can pose situations of interest to LUX, manage and understand the results using various visualizations, and ultimately extract maximum insight and utility from all organizational data sources for immediate action.”
LUX 1.0 is currently fulfilling a variety of real-world customer data analytics demands. LUX 2.0, available November 15, will deliver powerful capability and value to clients in virtually any mission area. For more information on the LUX technology and the value it brings to analysts visit http://www.icgsolutions.com/
ICG is a Maryland-based C Corp specializing exclusively in real-time streaming analytics and the development of the LUX platform. The core technical team behind ICG was purposefully recruited and assembled because of each member’s experience with engineering real-time systems. The team has been together for more than five years and represents some of the best talent and expertise in the world for applying technology to the big, fast moving data problems emerging today. For more information, visit: www.icgsolutions.com.