BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New technology innovations in single-use, cell culture and purification are now available to address the evolving requirements of biologic drug discovery and production for global biopharma manufacturers. These solutions will be featured this week at the BioProcess International Conference and Exhibition, October 21-23, 2014 in Boston at the Hynes Convention Center, Booth #301.
“We have been recognized as a pioneer in bioprocessing and we continue to raise the bar within our industry,” said Cory Stevenson, president, bioprocess production, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The combination of our single-use, cell culture, purification and analytics technologies uniquely enable us to offer our biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers integrated solutions that span the entire bioproduction workflow from discovery and development through large-scale production.”
New products featured at BPI include:
- The new Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Fermentor (S.U.F.), the first single-use system specifically engineered for microbial fermentation, is designed to support scale up and GMP production. Capable of meeting the aggressive performance demands of industrial microbiology, the HyPerforma S.U.F. integrates into existing Thermo Scientific single-use technologies to achieve the exceptional efficiency and scalability across the entire bioprocessing workflow.
- The new Gibco EfficientFeed A+, B+ and C+ supplements optimize cell culture manufacturing with a unique nutrient delivery technology to super-concentrate feeding supplements up to three times more than traditional feeds, improving bioreactor space utilization and working volumes without compromising performance or yields.
- The new POROS XQ Chromatography Resin is a high-capacity, high-resolution, salt-tolerant strong anion exchange (AEX) resin, delivering powerful purification. The resin offers superior product yield, fewer cycles and greater flexibility in bind and elute or flow-through modes of chromatography to optimize downstream processing.
Presentation highlights include:
- “Single Use Systems – Expanding Platforms,” Daniel Nelson, Integrated Solutions Product Manager, Single Use Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific (lecture, Cell Culture and Upstream Processing track);
- “CaptureSelect Technology: Introducing One-Step Selectivity in the Purification of Biological Products,” Frank Detmers, Ph.D., Ligand Application Director, Bioproduction, Thermo Fisher Scientific (lecture, Recovery and Purification track);
- “Maximizing Bioreactor Utilization: Approaches to Improving Feeding Supplement Volume,” Shawn Barrett, Associate Director, R&D, Cell Biology, Thermo Fisher Scientific (poster);
- “The Benefits of High-Performing Chromatography Resins, including POROS XQ, A New Strong Anion Exchanger,” Shelly Cote-Parra, Sr. Field Application Specialist, and Christine Gebski, PhD, Product Management Director, POROS Chromatography, Thermo Fisher Scientific (poster);
- “CaptureSelect Technology: Introducing One-Step Selectivity in the Purification of Biological Products,” Frank Detmers, PhD, Ligand Application Director, Thermo Fisher Scientific (poster);
- “Maximize without Compromise: Using Super-Concentrated Feeds in Fed-Batch Cell Culture,” Becky Moore, Staff Scientist, Cell Biology, Thermo Fisher Scientific (poster);
- “Aggressive Pichia, E. coli, and Bacillus Cultures using the Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Fermentors,” Nephi Jones, Jason Brown, Paula Decaria, Tommy Smith, Juozas Šiurkus Ph.D., Dmitrij Bugajev Thermo Fisher Scientific (poster); and
- “Gas Analysis Mass Spectrometry Applications in Fermentation and Cell Culture Processes,” Pete Traynor, Global Sales Leader, Mass Spectrometery, Thermo Fisher Scientific (poster).
Please click here to learn more information on the innovations on display at BPI 2014.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.