Zuora capped off their annual conference Subscribed 2014 by recognising major European enterprises transforming their business models to meet customer demand for personalised subscription experiences. This year’s honourees included large global enterprises and disruptive growth companies alike. They have each leveraged Zuora’s award winning Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution to help build better businesses and take advantage of the $500 billion opportunity in the Subscription Economy.
With four out of five businesses recognising that their customers are switching to new consumption models, according to research conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit, Zuora foresees the continued expansion of the subscription economy and is keen to recognise the leaders at the forefront of this massive shift:
The Grow Award:
- This award is designed for launching and scaling subscription businesses. Nominees were Headspace and Matrix42, and the award was won by Brandwatch.
- Offering powerful social media monitoring and analytics, Brandwatch has seen 119% growth and some 1,000 major brands using its services, including Whole Foods, Verizon, Whirlpool, Pepsico, British Airways, Papa John’s and Dell.
- With too many manual processes crushing their sales operations department - who were having to manually enter subscription transactions to the system - Brandwatch partnered with Zuora to automate their processes and provide a single source of truth, thereby creating a seamless subscription experience that would allow their sales team to focus on their continued rapid growth.
The Flow Award:
- The award for companies using innovative ways to manage complex subscription processes and drive operational efficiencies was given to Time Inc (UK), with nominees including HBO and The Foundry.
- Powered by Zuora and Salesforce.com, Time Inc. (UK) has created an end-to-end subscription experience: from product bundling, fulfilment, customer service and revenue recognition; the project allowed them to nurture their customers by automating the complete subscription lifecycle and quickly see the positive impact on customer lifetime value.
The Know Award:
- Awarded to The Foundry, this award is for the innovative use of data to improve the subscription experience. Nominees were GFI, Falcon Social and Adra Match.
- The fastest-growing company in its field today, The Foundry's products have been used to create breath-taking effects sequences on features including Oscar® winners Hugo (Best VFX) and Rango (Best Animated Feature Film), The Dark Knight, Avatar, as well as franchises such Harry Potter and Transformers; and high profile TV projects including Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.
- Zuora and Salesforce.com were selected to support their shift to the subscription model by gaining customer insights into their MRR, ACV and DSO that would model their Go To Market strategy, from product pricing and bundling to billing recurrence.
The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award:
- This award recognises companies that have used processes and customer knowledge to power their growth strategies and support a complete reinvention of their business, their industry, and the world.
- The Guardian’s innovative approach to subscriptions goes well beyond the print/digital conversation; truly monetising the relationship they have with their audience by creating a regionalised community of lifetime members. Their aggressive growth plans expect to see them expand into the US and Australia in 2015.
- The Guardian wants to change the way readers engage with the newspaper and its journalists, with the potential to reach 105 million users. "The only relationship our journalists have is with our readers. Membership gives the real possibility of deepening the intense bond between the producers and consumers of the Guardian,” says Alan Rusbridger, editor-in-chief of the Guardian. With a recent and successful GoLive termed “clever” by its community, the Guardian is truly reinventing their industry.
“We're delighted to have played our part in Subscribed 2014 this year and I'm very proud to accept the (Re)Invention Award from Zuora on behalf of The Guardian. We look forward to the rest of this exciting subscription story that we've just begun in partnership with Zuora" Anne Gowan, Head of Direct
“We are delighted to be part of Subscribed again this year and to have been awarded the Flow Award. We have undertaken an ambitious project to reinvent the Subscription Experience we offer our customers and this award is well deserved by the team across Time Inc. UK, Astadia and Zuora who have work so hard to this point.” Neil Robinson, Director of Digital, Time Inc (UK)
“We are thrilled to be awarded the 2014 Subscribed Europe Grow Award. With Zuora as a partner, we, have been enabled to take the business where we needed to take it and are delighted to be recognised for our success” Bryan Tookey, COO, Brandwatch
“Thanks to Zuora and Salesforce, we’ve been able to create innovative dashboards that guide our every move in a way we simply wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. We are delighted to have won The Know Award in recognition of that.” Mark Brownlie, CFO, The Foundry
Tien Tzuo, Founder and CEO, Zuora said, “Our vision and belief has always been that we would see the world subscribed, and the momentum we are experiencing in Europe is proof that businesses are prioritising their customers’ needs and building Subscription Experiences that are compelling to nurture lasting relationships. They are becoming Relationship Businesses, and this involves significant business and technical transformation.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.