ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--STARWEST – SOASTA, the leader in cloud and mobile testing and real user monitoring, today announced the latest release of its market-leading testing platform that includes new capabilities for mobile and web testing that remain unaddressed by legacy tools from Hewlett Packard (HP), IBM and Microsoft.
"When SOASTA pioneered cloud testing, legacy players like HP were focused on client-server architectures and still running tests through expensive in-house servers," said John Balen, General Partner at Canaan Partners and SOASTA board member. "Today, these same legacy competitors are still based on antiquated architectures and cannot keep pace with SOASTA's modern and highly scalable cloud and mobile centric architecture. SOASTA simply delivers a more agile and transformative alternative to legacy test systems so that companies can rapidly accelerate their applications to market at significantly higher quality and lower cost. Fixing applications afterward can cost companies millions of dollars and significant market share."
SOASTA’s customers include ten of the top 10 US Internet retailers as well as financial services institutions, global telecommunications companies and iconic consumer brands who have chosen SOASTA to meet their modern requirements, including:
- Responsive Mobile Design for performance-optimized asynchronous mobile and web applications
- Open Source development tools often popular with emerging companies and agile engineering teams
- Direct to Database test approaches that assure data silos are optimized at any scale
- Private Clouds for Lab Testing in enterprise datacenters and Centers of Excellence for internal testing teams
- Cross Platform Mobile App Development requiring precise, real device access for continuous functional and performance testing
- Agile Test Management where local and global collaboration requires shared dashboards and user management
SOASTA’s latest release continues to expand support of these approaches with:
- Load testing support for responsive “push” technologies for mobile and web
- Ability to run tests created with the open source JMeter tool with added real-time analytics and unlimited scalability
- Ability to directly test modern databases with local and cloud-based traffic
- Utilization of virtual private clouds for internal and hybrid user traffic generation
- Expanded automation for Android testing for mobile testing
- New collaborative views and controls for test teams
“Enterprise customers utilize the SOASTA platform for internal and external testing day and night in their test labs and on production systems,” said Tom Lounibos, CEO of SOASTA. “We continue to develop the features that our customers need to be successful to enable new processes driven by continuous delivery. As legacy providers like HP fail to keep up, SOASTA continues to innovate so customers can stay competitive.”
New technical enhancements include:
- Seamless record and replay of mobile and web applications built with full-duplex designs using the WebSocket protocol
- Tests written in JMeter (an open source developer tool) can now run directly in CloudTest to leverage SOASTA’s Global Test Cloud and real-time streaming analytics
- Direct to Database support that enables load testing of SQL statements against databases with cloud scale and real-time streaming feedback
- The use of virtual private cloud resources from vendors like Amazon Web Services enable scalable behind-the-firewall testing
- Mobile test automation with TouchTest for Android can now include modifying phone settings and interacting with the Home screen
- A test suite dashboard that provides teams with aggregate status for test management
In addition to enhancements for test automation and performance testing, SOASTA’s real user monitoring, mPulse, serves a dual quality purpose.
1. It provides real-time validation that users are experiencing web and mobile services as designed and tested.
2. The information gathered about real use behavior provides true peak usage, user distribution and “click-path” information to create reality-based test plans.
All capabilities are available on the SOASTA platform today in corresponding CloudTest, TouchTest and mPulse products. Free products may be downloaded at www.soasta.com/free.
About SOASTA SOASTA is the leader in cloud testing. Its web and mobile test automation and monitoring solutions, CloudTest, TouchTest and mPulse, enable developers, QA professionals and IT operations teams to test and monitor users with unprecedented speed, scale, precision and visibility. The innovative product set streamlines test creation, automates provisioning and execution, and analyzes real user behavior in real-time to deliver actionable intelligence, faster. With SOASTA, companies have confidence that their applications will perform as designed, delivering quality user experiences every time. SOASTA’s customers are many of today’s most successful brands including Avaya, American Girl, Bonobos, Backcountry.com, Chegg, Experian, Gilt Groupe, Hallmark, Intuit, Microsoft and Netflix. SOASTA is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information about SOASTA, please visit http://www.soasta.com.
SOASTA is a registered trademark of SOASTA, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.