CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its latest Ultra High-Definition (UHD) display, the new MultiSync® PA322UHD, for professionals requiring the most accurate colors in their workflow.
With the addition of this flagship 32-inch MultiSync PA Series monitor, NEC Display now offers a range of desktop and large-format displays as well as projectors in UHD and 4K resolutions, extending the company’s portfolio of solutions toward solving business challenges. The North American market for UHD desktop displays is expected to reach 5 percent by the end of 2014, according to industry observers.
The wide gamut PA322UHD display uses a wide gamut white LED backlight and an IGZO technology IPS-type LCD panel that delivers excellent image quality with lower power consumption than comparable LCD displays while delivering 99.2 percent coverage of the Adobe RGB color space.
Boasting a multitude of inputs, including two DisplayPort, two DVI-D and four HDMI as well as a USB 3.0 hub with DisplaySync Pro technology, the new MultiSync PA Series display gives professionals broad input flexibility for any application.
This is also the first desktop display to feature an Open Pluggable Specification (OPS)-compliant option slot for expanded input options, including the SB-04HC 3G/SD/HD-SDI and SB-01HC HD-SDI input cards available from NEC.
“The PA322UHD offers a high-resolution, color accurate solution that videographers, photographers and print production specialists can trust for almost every application,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display. “These professionals will enjoy the higher pixel density and commercial-grade features in this cutting-edge display.”
Among the other benefits of the PA322UHD display are:
- Native resolution of 3840 x 2160 with 10-bit color support
- 350 cd/m2 brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Support for a multitude of refresh rates, including 24, 30, 50, 60, 85, 100, and 120 Hz modes
- The USB 3.0 hub (two up, three down) with DisplaySync Pro, which is a high resolution keyboard / video / mouse (KVM) switch that can control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Two DisplayPort inputs, and the options of two DVI-D and two HDMI, or four HDMI inputs as well as an OPS compliant option slot for additional input flexibility
- The stand supports both landscape and portrait modes, and the display will automatically rotate the image when the display is rotated
- Color and white Digital Uniformity Correction with 93 percent more correction points than previous MultiSync PA Series displays
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture mode, which splits the screen in half or in quarters to up to 4 full HD images in one more multiple color spaces in real time
- Two internal 2W speakers for business-class multimedia sound
- Free MultiProfiler software for complete control of picture modes, enabling additional presets like REC 709 and simple ICC profile emulation
- Details on optional accessories can be found here
The MultiSync PA322UHD-BK ships with a four-year limited 48-hour advanced exchange parts and labor warranty, and will be available at an estimated street price of $2,299 with first shipments in December 2014. The PA322UHD display with SpectraViewIItm calibration software and sensor also will be available at an estimated street price of $3,249. The units will be demonstrated on October 22, 2014, at the NEC Display Showcase in New York City.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.