NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bloomberg, the leading provider of data, news and analytics for the business community, today announced the initial speaker line-up for “The Year Ahead: 2015” in Washington D.C. on November 13-14, 2014. The second annual installment of this immersive, data-rich, global media franchise will provide privileged insight to the C-Suite on the core topics that will determine their success in the coming year.
More than 30 corporate and political leaders from diverse industries are already confirmed to speak at a gala dinner hosted by Mike Bloomberg on November 13 at the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum; and at a one-day, deep dive into the economic issues and opportunities confronting every CEO in 2015 on November 14 the United States Institute of Peace. Speakers include:
● Mike Bloomberg
● Keith Alexander, CEO & President, IronNet Cybersecurity; Former Commander, U.S. Cyber Command; Former Director, National Security Agency
● Rich Barton, Co-Founder & Chairman, Zillow and Glassdoor
● David Bonderman, Chairman, TPG Advisors
● Jim Coulter, Chairman, TPG Advisors
● Heather Bresch, CEO, Mylan
● Barbara Pierce Bush, CEO & Co-Founder, Global Health Corps
● Benedict Evans, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
● Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
● Geno Germano, Chief Innovation Officer, Pfizer
● Mindy Grossman, CEO, HSN, Inc.
● Gerald Hassell, Chairman & CEO, The Bank of New York Mellon
● Mark Hoplamazian, CEO, Hyatt Hotels
● Ray Kelly, President, Risk Management Services, Cushman & Wakefield; Former Police Commissioner, NYC Police Department
● Alex Laskey, President & Co-Founder, Opower
● James B. Lee, Vice Chairman, JPMorgan Chase
● Terry Lundgren, Chairman & CEO, Macy’s
● Ross Martin, EVP, Viacom Media Networks
● Vikram Pandit, Chairman, TGG Group
● Bob Pittman, Chairman & CEO, iHeartMedia
● Kevin Plank, Founder & CEO, Under Armour
● Lyndon Rive, Co-Founder & CEO, SolarCity
● Dennis Ross, Counselor, William Davidson Distinguished Fellow, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
● Jane Shaw, independent director, McKesson, nominated director, Yahoo
● Debora Spar, President, Barnard College
● Tom Ward, Founder, Tapstone Energy
● Jeff Weiner, CEO, LinkedIn
“We'll have leading executives from finance to fashion and tech to pharma at The Year Ahead summit to brief the audience on the opportunities and challenges that 2015 will present. They are uniquely equipped to understand how 2015 will likely unfold,” said Justin B. Smith, CEO of the Bloomberg Media Group. “The summit audience will leave with high-level insights, better prepared to navigate their companies through the next twelve months and beyond.”
The wide-ranging agenda of Bloomberg’s The Year Ahead: 2015 summit will tackle the cyber threats coming in 2015; why disruption is harder than it looks; what the midterm elections mean for business; challenges in the Middle East; the year ahead in banking; meeting the world's energy needs; the future of mobile; tailoring retail; winning the talent war, and more.
The Year Ahead leverages Bloomberg’s deep business, political, and data heritages. Across its multiple media and data channels, Bloomberg industry experts will identify the key issues shaping global business in the year to come, and deliver precise and actionable insight to leaders of the new economy.
Bloomberg Businessweek’s The Year Ahead: 2015, a special issue of the magazine on newsstands November 7, will provide in-depth analysis in sections devoted to the global economic outlook, politics, technology, energy, and retail, as well as in a 20-page data well highlighting leaders in over 50 industries. Coverage of the November 13 and 14 events, key elements and data from the Bloomberg Businessweek issue, along with original digital content, will run across multiple Bloomberg media platforms including Bloomberg.com, Businessweek.com, Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio, and its suite of mobile apps.
Bloomberg Media’s major sponsors for The Year Ahead: 2015 include Germany Trade & Invest, NTT Communications, and OppenheimerFunds, Inc. Summit sponsors include Samsung, NTT Communications, PwC, State Street Global Advisors, The Rockefeller Foundation and RetailMeNot, Inc.
To learn more about The Year Ahead: 2015—the speakers, agenda, and partners—and to request an invitation, please visit: bloomberg.com/tya2015.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 320,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,500 people in 192 locations around the world. For more information visit www.Bloomberg.com/now/.