FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today at its annual Global Research Advisory Council forum, International Data Corporation (IDC) launched a new portfolio of decision-making methodologies that enable CIOs, IT, and Line of Business executives to make better informed strategic decisions. The new IDC DecisionScape methodologies are comprehensive assessments that provide CIOs, IT, and Line of Business executives with the critical information necessary to make their most important technology decisions. To learn more about IDC DecisionScape, please visit: http://www.idc.com/downloads/IDC_DecisionScapes_SlidesOct2014.pdf.
- ClicktoTweet: @IDC launches new decision-making portfolio of research methodologies – #IDCDecisionScapes – http://ctt.ec/1fV76+
In 2007, IDC identified the 3rd Platform – a transformative shift in how businesses leverage technology to get closer to their customers, create new revenue streams, improve internal operations, and attract a new workforce. Not only does the 3rd Platform have significant business implications on how organizations engage with their customers, drive top line growth, and perform work, it also has significant implications on how technology initiatives supporting the 3rd Platform are operated, funded, and evaluated. With a keen understanding of the challenges facing business leaders navigating the 3rd Platform today, IDC developed IDC DecisionScape, a portfolio of tools used to make informed technology decisions by bringing together complex bodies of knowledge within a single viewpoint. From analytics to IT talent management, the new set of studies was designed to help today's business leaders make more informed decisions each step of the way, no matter what the IT initiative entails.
According to Meredith Whalen, Senior Vice President, IT Executive, Industry, and Financial Research at IDC, "To be successful in the transformation to the 3rd Platform requires that executives rely on a whole new set of decision-making tools to fuel strategic IT decisions. By 2020, IDC predicts that one third of leaders in each industry will be disrupted by new 3rd Platform competitors who don't exist today. This is part of the urgency associated with the need to transform to the 3rd Platform. We are confident that our new IDC DecisionScape methodology will quickly become the industry standard that forward-thinking organizations will trust to guide strategic IT buying decisions."
Unlike anything else available today, IDC DecisionScape reports have been developed specifically for 3rd Platform decision making and were designed to work with one another. The methodologies and associated research are interconnected. As a result, the research follows the natural decision-making process, making it easy to use and rely on throughout the process.
The IDC DecisionScape portfolio is comprised of the following eight research archetypes:
- IDC FutureScape – used to shape IT strategy and planning for the enterprise by providing a basic framework for evaluating IT initiatives in terms of their value to business strategy now and in the foreseeable future.
- IDC MaturityScape – used by IT executives and their enterprise partners to have a structured way to identify their current level of maturity, and the gap between where they are and where they want to be to maintain competitive balance or achieve industry superiority.
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmarks – aid in the discussion of IT strategy and technology investments by helping IT executives and their enterprise partners gauge where their enterprise is in relation to that of their peers and competitors, best achievers, and the least invested.
- IDC PeerScape – provides IT executives and their enterprise partners with practices that have the most impact on the success of a technology initiative.
- IDC MarketScape – the IT industry's premier vendor assessment tool, providing in-depth quantitative and qualitative technology market assessments of IT suppliers.
- IDC PlanScape – helps to assure business value is recognized from technology by developing a technology initiative that is aligned with business goals, scoped to succeed, and properly resourced.
- IDC TechScape – mitigates technology risk by helping organizations align their tolerance for risk with the anticipated maturation of a technology.
- IDC EdgeScape – mitigates supplier risk by identifying, profiling, and assessing technology vendors.
For additional information about this new portfolio or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with Meredith Whalen, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. In 2014, IDC celebrates its 50th anniversary of providing strategic insights to help clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC.