SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced its partnership with PointClickCare, the leading cloud-based software provider for senior care, to offer long-term care providers a seamless cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure. Together, Aerohive and PointClickCare will offer senior care facilities an integrated platform for meeting the demands of today’s increasingly electronic healthcare industry.
- As mobile devices penetrate healthcare, today’s long-term care facilities increasingly rely on a complex array of technologies to provide quality care to the exploding senior population. Providers across the senior care spectrum, ranging from assisted-living and skilled-nursing facilities to continuing-care retirement communities, are rapidly adopting electronic health records (EHRs), wireless medical devices and medical applications to provide efficient and streamlined senior care.
- As mobility becomes an integral part of the healthcare industry, secure wireless connectivity has become essential for long-term care facilities. With a reliable Wi-Fi infrastructure, providers can improve the quality of healthcare, enrich the lives of residents, mitigate risk and improve financial and operational health.
- In a move to meet the technology demands of the growing senior care market, Aerohive is partnering with PointClickCare to offer providers an integrated solution for their wireless needs. PointClickCare, recently recognized as the #1 long-term care software vendor by KLAS Research, works with over 9,000 skilled-nursing and senior-living facilities today to provide an EHR platform.
- Aerohive counts over one-third of the top 50 U.S. long-term care providers as its customers, including Brookdale Senior Living, which following its recent merger with Emeritus Corporation, offers one of the nation’s largest senior living chains with over 1,000 communities in 46 states. Additionally, a number of Aerohive's resident care customers have implemented PointClickCare where clinical services are offered, including Gulf Coast Health Care LLC, RHA Health Services and Saber Healthcare Group.
- Through this partnership, Aerohive’s cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure optimizes how mission-critical EHR traffic is prioritized on the network. Seamlessly integrated with Aerohive’s network management system, HiveManager®, the purpose-built policy assigns PointClickCare traffic the highest priority on the network to ensure the best application performance. Caregivers can ensure secure EHR access through any device and at any location—especially important as more doctors and nurses rely on tablets and BYO devices to quickly and securely access sensitive medical data.
- The combination of Aerohive’s reliable Wi-Fi technology with PointClickCare’s leading EHR platform now enables providers to offer the highest standard of care. With seamless, integrated deployment of EHR, facilities ensure maximum accuracy and productivity through the immediate logging of resident vitals, treatment and diagnosis.
- Moreover, by deploying Aerohive’s Wi-Fi infrastructure, long-term care providers lay a flexible, scalable foundation for integrating healthcare wearables into day-to-day senior care—critical as more providers adopt wearables to allow automated reporting of residents’ vital statistics, and monitor for emergencies and falls.
- Aerohive Healthcare Solutions
- PointClickCare Aerohive blog post
- Healthcare Solution Brief
- Healthcare Whitepaper
- Healthcare Reference Architecture
“The long-term care industry is experiencing drastic changes as providers increasingly depend on electronic health records, mobile devices and wearables to provide quality care,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development at Aerohive. “PointClickCare meets a critical need in the industry with its secure EHR platform, already used by many of our long-term care customers. By partnering with this leading healthcare IT provider, we hope to help this evolving industry adapt to the technology trends transforming the way senior care is delivered.”
“The speed and performance of cloud-based software is dependent on having the right wireless technology infrastructure to support it,” said Dave Wessinger, chief technology officer, PointClickCare. “Working with Aerohive has allowed us to offer our customers a turnkey solution that optimizes their overall experience with our leading senior care platform and enables them to use our mobility tools as they are intended for.”
PointClickCare helps healthcare providers meet the challenges of senior care by enabling them to achieve the business results that matter – enriching the lives of their residents, improving financial and operational health, and mitigating risk. Recently recognized as the #1 long-term care software vendor by KLAS Research, PointClickCare’s cloud-based software platform takes a person-centered approach to managing senior care, connecting healthcare providers across the senior care continuum with easy to use, regulatory compliant solutions for improved resident outcomes, enhanced financial performance, and staff optimization. Over 9,000 skilled nursing and senior living facilities use PointClickCare today, making it the North American healthcare IT market leader for the senior care industry. For more information about PointClickCare, please visit www.pointclickcare.com, or follow us on Twitter @PointClickCare.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.