RADNOR, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Qlik®, (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in data discovery, today announced that QlikView® ranked first in the customer satisfaction, performance satisfaction, production satisfaction, and considered for purchase categories among large international BI vendors in a comprehensive survey of companies using business intelligence (BI) software products. QlikView also ranked first in competitiveness and considered for purchase among dashboard vendors and first in flexibility for the user, considered for purchase, and competitiveness among visual discovery vendors.
The BI Survey 14, conducted by the Business Application Research Center (BARC), is the world’s largest independent survey of BI end users. This was the sixth year Qlik participated in the survey and the company continued to have a strong showing of customer participation. Of the respondents, Qlik customers use the solution for a broad range of applications with a focus on dashboards, enterprise reports, operational analysis, and visual/data discovery. QlikView is most commonly seen in both mid-market and large enterprises and more than one-third of BI managers and professionals surveyed plan to employ QlikView for big data analytics in the future.
According to BARC, customers see the ease of use and versatility of QlikView as delivering solid return on investment for their BI and analytics expenditures. Additionally Qlik has been rated as the top large international BI vendor in performance satisfaction for two years in a row.
“Qlik is ranked near to top in all of the peer groups in the business benefits KPI, making the vendor and its product set a leading driver of business value,” said Dr. Carsten Bange, founder and CEO of BARC. “The ability to employ the solution to enable fast and intuitive insights into data is clearly a strength that the product brings to decision-makers across customers’ organizations. Qlik has made significant gains in this area since the last two surveys.”
Qlik is also ranked first in considered for purchase across all three categories – large international BI vendors, dashboard vendors, and data discovery vendors. This indicates that the solution is at the top of customers’ purchasing intentions.
“The results of the BI Survey 14 show not only the power of QlikView, but of our commitment to our customers. We strive to make analytics intuitive, easy to use and, at times, addictive. By outperforming the competition in key areas such as performance and user satisfaction, we show how our guided analytics solution has become a natural and vital part of customers’ business operations,” said Lars Björk, CEO, Qlik. “Now with the introduction of our newest product – Qlik® Sense – we hope to further delight our customers by providing a seamless experience for self-service visualization for all members of the enterprise.”
Continuing to outpace rivals in the large international BI vendors peer group such as SAP, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, and Tableau, QlikView’s #1 ratings include:
- Customer Satisfaction – Customers report the highest levels of product and performance satisfaction with Qlik among all the international BI vendors covered in this survey.
- Performance Satisfaction – As in last year’s BI Survey, QlikView continues to get high ratings from customers for its performance. The strong results for query performance and system performance are due to the product’s inbuilt, in-memory database which offers very fast response times and good overall performance and QlikView.
- Production Satisfaction – BARC identifies product satisfaction as an extremely important KPI, as it relates to the number of problems typically incurred with the use of a BI or analytics product. Here, customers had relatively few issues with QlikView, placing the product as the highest ranked solution for product satisfaction in the large international BI vendor category.
Among visual analysis and data discovery vendors as well as the dashboard vendor peer group, Qlik also ranked #1 in the following categories:
- Competitiveness – According to the survey Qlik ranks as one of the most competitive vendors in the BI space this year with #1 rankings in both the visual analysis and data discovery group and dashboard vender peer group. BARC states, “Qlik is competitive in this area due to its agility in sales situations. The sales process is targeted towards a short proof of concept and can show rapid benefits to the customer. The vendor also uses a large partner network efficiently, which is an excellent asset for the vendor.”
- Flexibility for the User – In terms of flexibility for the user, Qlik receives high marks – ranking first in the Visual discovery peer group and taking a leading position in the Dashboard peer group. The vendor’s visual discovery capabilities rate as the most flexible of all vendors in this space covered in The BI Survey.
The BI Survey 14 – now in its fourteenth year – is based on findings from a global survey featuring 3,224 respondents answering a series of detailed questions about their usage of a named product in the BI space. The survey examines BI product selection and usage among users in areas including business benefits, costs, proportion of employees using the product, competitiveness, recommendation, innovation, performance, customer satisfaction and agility. Altogether, 34 products (or groups of products) are analyzed in detail.
For more background on the BI Survey 14, visit: www.qlik.com/BARC14.
Qlik (NASDAQ: QLIK) is a leader in data discovery delivering intuitive solutions for self-service data visualization and guided analytics. Approximately 33,000 customers rely on Qlik solutions to gain meaning out of information from varied sources, exploring the hidden relationships within data that lead to insights that ignite good ideas. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Qlik has offices around the world with more than 1700 partners covering more than 100 countries.
© 2014 QlikTech International AB. All rights reserved. Qlik®, Qlik® Sense, QlikView®, QlikTech®, and the QlikTech logos are trademarks of QlikTech International AB which have been registered in multiple countries. Other marks and logos mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.