BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--At VMworld Europe 2014, Dell (Hall 8.1, booth 206) today announced it will now ship NexentaConnect and NexentaStor solutions with Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL.
Dell’s portfolio of enterprise technology solutions includes best-of-breed hardware and software, converged technologies and infrastructure, and integrated systems. As customers continually look for ways to simplify data center management, Dell is expanding capabilities of the Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL, via two appliances:
- Dell Engineered Solution for VMware EVO:RAIL, Virtual Infrastructure Edition – A general-purpose solution which enables customers to quickly stand up and scale-out VMware-based virtualized instances
- Dell Engineered Solution for VMware EVO: RAIL, VMware Horizon® View™ Edition – A VDI-specific edition which helps customers of all sizes quickly stand up VDI deployments
By offering Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL customers pre-integration of Nexenta Software-Defined Storage solutions with EVO: RAIL, Dell enables:
- Full-featured SMB and NFS services for VMware’s Virtual SAN offering with NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN, for EVO: RAIL;
- Acceleration and automation of VMware Horizon 6 Virtual Desktop Infrastructures with NexentaConnect for VMware Horizon to help the automation and I/O acceleration for VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI); and
- In-line data de-duplication snapshots and compression with NexentaStor 4.1, and support for Dell Storage platforms incorporated in EVO: RAIL.
“Offering Dell Engineered Solution for VMware EVO: RAIL appliances with Nexenta software adds a broader set of storage capabilities to help our customers gain even more value from their EVO: RAIL and VMware Virtual SAN environments,” - Alan Atkinson, vice president and general manager of Dell Storage
“We welcome the addition of the Dell/Nextenta solution for EVO: RAIL; it is a great example of the type of add-on services our qualified EVO: RAIL partners are looking to integrate onto their EVO: RAIL appliances. This is just beginning; we anticipate many more great examples of add-on services for EVO: RAIL by our partners, as they strive to address the demands of their respective customers looking to rapidly roll out software-defined infrastructure services with on EVO: RAIL appliances.” - Mornay Van Der Walt, vice president, Emerging Solutions, VMware
"We are excited to continue to collaborate with Dell and VMware to bring Software-Defined Hyper-Converged solutions to a new and ambitious unmatched level. Dell’s Engineered Solution for VMware EVO: RAIL together with NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN bring best-in-class enterprise end-to-end validated components to our joint customers. Either as a complement to VMware EVO: RAIL or as a standalone storage solution, NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN helps enterprises receive full featured file services unlocking the potential of their Software-Defined Data Center." - Tarkan Maner, Chairman and CEO of Nexenta
Dell Inc. Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us November 4-6th at Dell World 2014, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services provide organizations a better way to accelerate business’ ability to innovate. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.