DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ntq62n/strategic) has announced the addition of the "Strategic Analysis of the Automotive Gesture Recognition Market in Europe and North America" report to their offering.
This Strategic Insight analyzes the latest upcoming human-machine interface (HMI) technologies: touch and air gesture, and their applications in the automotive industry. This study focuses on which of these technologies will become more prominent and how they fare against each other with respect to price, components, and usability.
The study also compares the current market scenario of both technologies and predicts which one will have higher penetration rate. Profiles of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) will reveal their interest level in these technologies and their outlook. The base year is 2013; the forecast period is 2014 to 2020.
- OEMs are planning to adopt gesture technology in the medium segment; entertainment services such as Apple car play, Ford SYNC, and Hyundai Blue & Me are available in most cars, and touch applications for their input are optional.
- Air gesture has a remote chance of gaining prominence; system reliability and usability concerns lower its chances of infiltrating the market. It cannot be used as a permanent input mode, but rather as an add-on package.
- Jaguar-Land Rover, Ford, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz are more likely to introduce models with air gestures. Technology enablers including Neonode, SoftKinetic, and Harman have air gesture technologies ready for OEMs.
- Touch and gesture pad implementation on steering wheels will gain traction because several OEMs think it reduces driver distraction compared with gesture inputs on the center console.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Product Life Cycle Of Gesture Technology
- Touch Gesture And Air Gesture Adoption
- Types And Effects Of Distractions
- Industry Challenges For Gesture Technology
- Market For Gesture Recognition - OEM Analysis
- OEM Human-Machine Interface (HMI) Comparative Analysis
- Gesture Supplier Comparative Analysis
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, And Methodology
3. Market Overview
- Introduction To Gesture
- Gesture Segmentation
- Regulations On Driver Distractions In North America
- Current Gesture Recognition Market Scenario
- Factors That Influence And Hinder Market Growth
- Gesture Application In Ivi
4. Drivers And Restraints - Automotive Gesture Recognition Market
5. Touch Gesture Technology
- Touch Gesture Volume And Growth
- Architecture For Touch Gesture Recognition
- Architecture For Touch Gesture Recognition - Neonode Technology
- Touch Screen Cost Breakdown
- Touch Screen Cost Breakdown - Neonode Touch Technology
- Traditional Touch Vs. Neonode Touch Technology Penetration
- Touch Gesture Market Penetration By OEM
- Touch Gesture Offerings
- Touch Gesture Future Trends
6. Air Gesture Technology
- Air Gesture Volumes And Growth
- System Architecture For Air Gesture Recognition
- Air Gesture Technology Components - Neonode Technology
- Neonode Case Study
- Air Gesture Future Trends
- North America Air Gesture Market Penetration By OEM
- European Air Gesture Market Penetration By OEM
7. OEM Profiles
- Qoros Case Study
- Audi Connect
- Bmw I Drive
- Ford Sync
- Volvo Sensus
- Nissan Connect
8. Key Conclusions And Future Outlook
- Jaguar Land Rover
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ntq62n/strategic