DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34c2cw/hpapis_and) has announced the addition of the "HPAPIs and Cytotoxic Drugs Manufacturing Market, 2014 - 2024" report to their offering.
The report covers various aspects such as analysis of CMOs involved in HPAPI/Cytotoxics manufacturing, pharmaceutical companies with in-house capabilities, regulatory guidelines, key drivers and upcoming opportunities for various stakeholders.
- Oncology is the leading domain for HPAPIs and cytotoxic drugs. Around 60% of the HPAPIs are being developed for treatment of cancer. The trend is likely to continue and the anti-cancer market will drive the growth of HPAPIs and cytotoxics in the future.
- A good proportion of HPAPI / cytotoxics manufacturing is currently outsourced. In fact, specifically for ADCs, the outsourcing proportion is as high as 75%-80%. During our research, we identified 76 CMOs (with over 100 production facilities worldwide) which are focused in this area. SAFC and Lonza are amongst some of the CMOs which are well-known.
- Having said this, big pharma companies such as Merck, Roche, Pfizer and AbbVie have also established in-house capabilities.
- Many CMOs offer commercial scale manufacturing of these compounds. A relatively less number of players, including Corden Pharma and Aptuit, provide one stop shop service ranging from manufacturing of APIs to formulation and fill/finish of the drug product.
- North America and Europe are the predominant regions where HPAPI and cytotoxic drugs production facilities are located. The US accounts for 27% of the total HPAPI production facilities and 31% of the cytotoxic drugs production facilities. Companies have also recently moved their focus to developing countries in order to take advantage of relatively lower costs.
- CMOs have regularly engaged in investment programs to expand their production set ups. Since 2006, there have been more than 60 investments to add new facilities and / or to expand existing capacities.
- Stakeholders have also inked numerous partnerships to combine their manufacturing expertise. Of the 35 recent partnerships that we studied during our research, an overwhelming proportion was manufacturing collaborations and merger/acquisitions.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
5. HPAPI Manufacturing Market
6. Cytotoxic Drugs Manufacturing Market
7. Case In Point: The One Stop Shops'
8. Market Size And Forecast
9. Profiles Of Leading Companies
10. Recent Developments
11. Swot Analysis
12. Emerging Focus: Contract Manufacturing Of Adcs
13. Interview Transcripts
15. Appendix I: Tabulated Data
16. Appendix II: List Of Companies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34c2cw/hpapis_and