DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wb27p7/uncooled_infrared) has announced the addition of the "Uncooled Infrared Imaging Technology & Market Trends Report" report to their offering.
Consumer applications have moved to a new phase of growth in 2013-2014 and will be the high growth applications over the next few years, especially in terms of shipments (+61% CAGR):
- Personal Vision Systems (goggles, sight for security, hunting, outdoor observation): first successfully pioneered by FLIR and will continue to grow due to many new entrants arriving from the outdoor visible business.
- Smartphones: First smartphone modules (FLIR One, Opgal Android) have been introduced at the ground breaking price of $349 by FLIR in 2014. A high number of pre-release reservations for the FLIR One (> 30k units) already proves the commercial success of this smartphone platform.
An additional scenario envisions an aggressive rapid ramp up of the smartphone application based on a huge price erosion and the integration of the IR core inside the phone. Indeed, smartphone business is an almost 1 B units market in 2013, and any new sensor adopted induces high volumes produced. Those high volumes will only be possible if a huge cost reduction is obtained by the IR imaging industry.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Market forecasts by applications & technologies for 2014-2019 in revenue ($M) and shipments (units); 18 market segments forecasted at camera level, and 5 segments at the sensor level
- Value chain and supply chain analysis
- Detailed applications analysis
- Competitive analysis and uncooled infrared imager manufacturers' market share
- Analysis and evolution of Infrared imager technology: 12µm pixel pitch sensors, Wafer-Level-Packaging, Wafer Level Optics, low-cost & low-resolution infrared array technologies, core electronics integration
Key Topics Covered:
1. Contents, definitions
2. Executive summary
3. Merge & acquisitions (M&A) since 2010
4. Noteworthy news since 2013
5. Overview of IR detection technologies
6. Uncooled thermal imaging camera market analysis
7. IR Camera market analysis : Thermography market
8. IR camera market analysis : Surveillance market
9. IR camera market analysis : Automotive market
10. IR Camera market analysis : Fire fighting market segment
11. Uncooled thermal imager/ microbolometer market analysis
12. Uncooled thermal imaging technological evolutions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wb27p7/uncooled_infrared