LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, kicked off .conf2014: The Fifth Annual Splunk Worldwide Users’ Conference today in Las Vegas. More than 3,500 attendees are set to fill the MGM Grand, where Godfrey Sullivan, chairman and CEO, Splunk, will take the stage to unveil new innovations from Splunk that expand the universe of machine-generated big data analytics and weave together the ‘data fabric’ that is generated behind the scenes of every business. The keynote begins at 9:00 a.m. PT. Watch the live feed here: http://conf.splunk.com/goto/keynote.
New and recent product announcements include:
- Splunk Enterprise 6.2: The latest version of Splunk’s award-winning platform for Operational Intelligence extends powerful Splunk analytics to a broader number of users and delivers improved scalability. The product will be generally available (GA) on Tuesday, October 28.
- Hunk 6.2: Hunk 6.2 will integrate with Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and be available at an hourly rate through the Amazon EMR console. Hunk 6.2 lets you interactively search, analyze and visualize data in Hadoop and NoSQL data stores. The new version includes a Hunk Sandbox that lets people try Hunk without having to set up a Hadoop cluster, and Data Explorer – a visual wizard to help users select the most relevant data sets. The product will be GA on Amazon Web Services and as software on Tuesday, October 28.
- Splunk MINT Express™ and Splunk MINT Enterprise™: Two new offerings from Splunk that empower customers to gain Operational Intelligence from mobile apps and users. Splunk MINT Express, a cloud service now generally available, gives mobile application developers a fast path to application intelligence, while Splunk MINT Enterprise integrates mobile application data with other data in Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud. The Splunk MINT Enterprise beta program opens today.
- Splunk App for Stream: Makes it easy to send wire data, machine data transmitted between applications over networks, into Splunk software for correlations and analytics. The real-time wire data can be used to support app management, IT operations, security and business analytics.
- Splunk Cloud: Announced the industry’s first 100 percent uptime service level agreement for a machine data analytics service, a 33 percent price reduction and new scalability advancements with standard plans up to 5 TB/day. Test it out through the free Splunk Online Sandbox.
“The innovations across our expanding product line are designed to turbocharge our customers’ data journeys, wherever they want to go, including the cloud and mobile,” said Sullivan. “We are pushing our own boundaries so our customers can continue their data adventure and drive even more value from the ever-expanding universe of machine data.”
More Than 80 Customer Presentations
.conf2014 will feature more than 80 customer presenters, including keynote presentations from four visionary customers.
Three customers will join Sullivan on stage for the main keynote to
discuss how they are using Splunk software to deliver value across
- Michael Connor, senior platform architect, The Coca-Cola Company.
- Snehal Antani, chief information officer, Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) and chief information officer, Enterprise Architecture, GE Capital.
- Lee Congdon, vice president and chief information officer, Red Hat.
- Mark Graff, chief information security officer, NASDAQ, will deliver the security keynote and share real-life scenarios into how his team effectively leverages enterprise-wide data to manage today's business risks and evolving security threats.
Watch the Keynotes Live
Sullivan’s keynote begins at 9:00 a.m. PT. Graff’s security keynote begins at 2:00 p.m. PT. Both keynotes will be streamed live and available for playback shortly thereafter at: http://conf.splunk.com/goto/keynote.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence. Splunk® software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. More than 7,900 enterprises, government agencies, universities and service providers in 100 countries use Splunk software to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce cost. Splunk products include Splunk® Enterprise, Splunk Cloud™, Hunk™, Splunk MINT Express™ and premium Splunk Apps. To learn more, please visit http://www.splunk.com/company.
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Storm, SPL, Splunk MINT Express and Splunk MINT Enterprise are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2014 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.