DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ws8ntz/iot_and_m2m) has announced the addition of the "IoT and M2M Opportunities in Smart Cities for Telecoms Service Providers" report to their offering.
There is no single definition of a "smart city," but connectivity underpins many aspects of the concept. Smart city IoT and M2M solutions can introduce a variety of efficiencies to city management, improve competitiveness and enhance quality of life. Telecoms service providers have been largely absent from, or in the background of, smart city initiatives, but we have identified some cases where operators could be involved in providing solutions and connectivity for such projects.
- Analyses IoT and M2M opportunities in smart cities for telecoms service providers
Focuses on the implementation of communication-based technologies
- - municipal Wi-Fi
- - video surveillance
- - intelligent street lighting
- - smart parking
- - smart waste management
Addresses the following questions:
- - What is a smart city?
- - Which mobile network operators (MNOs) have been involved in smart city projects?
- - What smart city applications could MNOs provide?
- - Which vendors are positioned to become smart city market leaders?
- Cisco Systems
- Deutsche Telekom
- Jasper Wireless
- LG CNS
- PCCW Global
- Telmex (América Móvil)
- Thales Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ws8ntz/iot_and_m2m