DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rw2nv/internet_of) has announced the addition of the "Internet of Things (IoT) - Disruptive Opportunities in Key Sectors (Technical Insights)" report to their offering.
The Internet of things (IoT) is a concept that has emerged from a vision of an always connected world. Seamless connectivity between devices anywhere, anytime, in any condition is the goal behind the concept of IoT. This research service explores the impact of Internet of Things in key sectors such as Energy, Healthcare, Transportation, Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense and Microelectronics. The report also highlights the key technologies and their convergence prospect to envision the future connected world across sectors.
- Standardization acts as a major facilitator for IoT especially for secured effective communication and interoperability. However, these standards are mostly developed focusing a specific region or country. It still lacks unified standardization activities which could help in realizing the connected world concept which requires cross industry collaboration initiatives.
- Advancements in miniaturization of devices is happening radically. Nanotechnology plays a vital role to facilitate this process. It helps to develop devices and systems by controlling components at atomic scale. Smaller size, light weight, low power requirement and high sensitivity properties of Nano sensors could improve system design significantly.
- Internet of Things application development for different industries is the key area of focus among small and medium software developers in recent years due to the faster return of investment and high profit compared to technology development. However, the need for unified platform for enhancing the interactivity of devices is also proving to be a viable segment for semiconductor technology developers which has forced many key participants in the market to research on advanced platform development for IoT to get the first mover advantage in this space.
- Across sectors, Automobile and Transportation segment is focused on innovative application development by leveraging the benefits of IoT. Energy and Manufacturing sector is focused towards process optimization and improving efficiency. While Healthcare and Aerospace & Defense sectors primarily use the technology for collaboration of data.
- Among the different participants in the market, some key technology developers like Google, Cisco, Siemens, Freescale, and RTI are aggressively venturing in this space with several initiatives that are industry centric. The major focus of these participants is towards developing a technology platform integrated with communication infrastructure for easy connectivity of devices.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Technology Snapshot
3. Impact Of Iot In Transportation
4. Impact Of Iot In Healthcare
5. Impact Of Iot In Energy
6. Impact Of Iot In Aerospace & Defense
7. Impact Of Iot In Manufacturing
8. Envisioning The Future
9. Key Contacts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rw2nv/internet_of