FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) announced today that it has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 11th straight year.
The annual Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (“DJSI”) review is released by S&P Dow Jones Indices, one of the world’s leading providers of financial market indices, and RobecoSAM, the investment specialist focused exclusively on Sustainability Investing. The DJSI follow a best-in-class approach, including companies across all industries that outperform their peers in numerous sustainability metrics
"We’re honoured to have been selected as an index component for 11 straight years in a row," said Mark Buckley, vice president of environmental affairs. "At Staples, we believe that by focusing on the sustainability of our operations, product offerings and services we can make a positive impact and bring about change.”
Focused on finding ways to have the greatest positive impact on the environment while meeting the needs of their customers, Staples’ recent sustainability accomplishments include:
- A new technology trade-in program in the U.S. that lets customers cash-in and recycle online or in-store
- An expanded Staples Rewards ink and toner recycling program online in the U.S.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR® building certification at more than 600 of our U.S. facilities
- Global sales of products with more advanced environmental features were more than $3.25 billion in 2013
- Staples has obtained ISO14001 certification in China, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and the UK, bringing the total number of facilities with certified environmental management systems to 107
- Beginning September 2014, Staples Canada is expanding its partnership with Bullfrog Power to support renewable energy by bullfrogpowering four Copy & Print Production Centres located in Burnaby, BC; Mississauga, ON; Laval, QC and Calgary, AB
To learn more about Staples sustainability priorities visit: www.staples.com/environment.
Staples makes it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online, on mobile devices, or through the company’s innovative buy online, pick-up in store option. Staples offers more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Copy and Print services. Headquartered outside of Boston, Staples operates throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. More information about Staples (SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.