DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l95b6m/mems_status_of) has announced the addition of the "MEMS: Status of the MEMS Industry 2014" report to their offering.
MEMS product portfolio diversification: this is the case for STMicroelectronics, Robert Bosch and now InvenSense, while Texas Instruments is currently pursuing this strategy. Meanwhile, Knowles is benefiting from the microphone business's growth - however, as with other MEMS devices, this market could level off in the future, so product diversification could be an option for them as well.
Sharing production infrastructure between multiple markets: for example, Bosch's MEMS automotive business compensates for the low margin in its consumer activity. STMicroelectronics has also entered the automotive business, but with only modest success thus far.
Outsourcing manufacturing: InvenSense has shown impressive growth because, as a fabless company, its cost structure is less than other MEMS manufacturers.
Also, with the market requiring increasingly complex sensing functions, software has become a critical part of the sensing module, especially for combos. Invensense's acquisition of Movea in July 2014 confirms this trend.
In addition to the companies shown on previous page, newcomers like mCube, Qualtré and Maxim are arriving with innovative MEMS structures for next-generation gyroscopes and inertial MEMS.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Understanding of MEMS markets and applications
- Understanding of MEMS players' strategies
- Evolution of competitive environment
- Analysis of MEMS technology challenges
- Analysis of the latest M&As and startups
- 2013-2019 MEMS markets (in units, $US and wafers)
- 2013 MEMS players ranking
- Description of 2013 MEMS applications: automotive, consumer, medical, defense, aeronautics, industrial, telecommunication
- Overview of current MEMS challenges: size reduction, cost pressure, packaging issues, new sensing principles, future manufacturing technologies
- Analysis of possible future technologies for sensors and MEMS
- Dedicated MEMS production analysis
- All MEMS devices and applications (220+ applications) are covered
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- MEMS market update 2013-2019
- MEMS players
- Detailed MEMS supply chain
- MEMS future challenges
- MEMS applications overview
- MEMS finance analysis M&A
- Forecast changes 2013/2012
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l95b6m/mems_status_of