SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Some of the largest healthcare organizations in the U.S. have added AirStrip® to their enterprise mobility plans or expanded their use of AirStrip so far in 2014, recognizing the value of leveraging solutions from the leading provider of mHealth solutions that enable clinical workflow transformation through interoperability and mobility.
“The momentum generated by AirStrip in 2013 is continuing this year as healthcare providers across the country conclude that AirStrip’s interoperability solutions can support measurable improvements in workflow, care access, cost management, service line expansion and outcomes across the care continuum,” AirStrip President Matt Patterson, M.D. said.
MedStar Health among new AirStrip clients
MedStar Health, the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C. region, is among those contracting for AirStrip this year. Recognizing the need to provide leading-edge technology to its physicians and other clinical employees, MedStar Health will initially use AirStrip for its obstetrics service line.
A $4.2 billion, not-for-profit healthcare system with 30,000 associates, 6,000 affiliated physicians and more than 3,100 staffed beds, MedStar Health had more than 150,000 inpatient admissions in fiscal year 2013.
“After assessing a number of vendor solutions, MedStar concluded that AirStrip is the clear leader, with a vision for enterprise mobility and the industry-leading partnerships that enable their vision,” said Stephen R.T. Evans, M.D., vice president for medical affairs and chief medical officer for MedStar Health. “Ultimately, MedStar patients will measurably benefit from clinicians having anywhere, anytime access to a full range of live waveforms in the context of historical clinical information.”
New AirStrip deployments: SSM Healthcare, Capella Healthcare, Tenet Healthcare
The newest clients using AirStrip’s cardiology solution include the St. Louis, Missouri-based SSM Health Care, which operates 18 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma, has 3,900 licensed beds, and admitted 154,700 patients in fiscal year 2013. St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, which was recently named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, is now using AirStrip to mobilize ECGs.
“Top cardiovascular hospitals have significantly better 30-day survival rates, lower readmission rates for heart attack and heart failure patients, and release bypass patients nearly a day sooner than others,” noted Craig Sommers, St. Mary’s Vice President of Operations & Cardiac Services. “We believe that AirStrip supports our efforts to improve these rates, and improve both clinical and patient satisfaction for our organization.”
Meanwhile, newly deployed AirStrip clients in obstetrics include:
- Camden Clark Medical Center, a 248-bed not-for-profit acute care facility that serves the mid-Ohio Valley and surrounding region as part of the West Virginia United Health System.
- Dignity Health’s French Hospital, is part of one of the nation’s largest health systems and the largest hospital provider in California. Dignity Health, which previously selected AirStrip for clinical transformation initiatives in 2013, will announce initial results of that project along with next steps in the near future.
- Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center, a 170-bed full-service hospital located in Russellville, Arkansas and part of Capella Healthcare, recognized by Modern Healthcare in 2012 and 2013 as one of the nation’s fastest growing health care companies.
- UHS Wilson Medical Center, a 280-bed facility in Johnson City, New York and part of UHS, a 916-bed hospital and healthcare system with more than 60 locations around New York’s Southern Tier. For the third year in a row, UHS Hospitals was just named among the best hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
- Resolute Health Hospital in New Braunfels, Texas, a new hospital that is part of Tenet Healthcare.
AirStrip® (www.airstrip.com) provides a complete, vendor- and data source-agnostic enterprise-wide clinical mobility solution, which enables clinicians to improve the health of individuals and populations. With deep clinical expertise and strong roots in mobile technology and data integration, AirStrip is empowering leading health systems globally as the industry continues to evolve at a rapid pace. Based in San Antonio, Texas, AirStrip allows health systems to unlock the full potential of their existing technology investments with a complete mobility solution that provides access to critical patient data across the care continuum. AirStrip is backed by investments from Dignity Health, St. Joseph Health, the Gary and Mary West Health Investment Fund, Sequoia Capital, Qualcomm, Inc., Leerink Partners, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) and the Wellcome Trust. AirStrip’s base of visionary clients includes HCA, Texas Health Resources, Tenet Healthcare, Dignity Health, St. Joseph Health and Ardent Health Services.
• Blog: www.MobileHealthMatters.com
• Twitter: @AirStripmHealth
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/AirStrip