DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gd856w/global_cancer) has announced the addition of the "Global Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Market & Pipeline Insight" report to their offering.
A significant amount of research is being carried out currently to improve the level of potency of monoclonal antibodies. Consequently, a relatively new approach has been indentified in which the precision of targeting molecules would be combined with the proved killing power of radiation or cytotoxic chemotherapy which is referred to as payload to precise molecular carriers, mostly monoclonal antibodies. However, still a lot of work needs to be done in this arena.
Though the monoclonal antibodies have already emerged as significant part of the treatment for many cancers, the use of these antibodies in other aspects of cancer treatment is yet to be tapped. In this regard, research is currently being undertaken to understand deeply the process and reason for cancer cells being different from normal cells and the use of mAbs to exploit these differences. This has led to the development of many newer forms of mAbs, which are being attached to drugs or other substances thus making them more powerful.
Additionally, the pharma companies are also researching on ways and means to make these drugs more safe and effective. As an illustration, since mAbs are proteins, there is a high chance that these antibodies could possibly make the body's immune system react against them, which could result in many side effects, and also destruction of the mAbs. The newly developed forms of mAbs are a solution to this problem and are less likely to cause immune reactions.
It is expected that during the next decade, with the discovery and introduction of new tumor-specific proteins, newer MAb targets would be successfully identified for regulating tumor cell growth or inducing apoptosis. Additionally, the changes in MAb would also allow for more efficient radionuclide or cytotoxic MAb drug targeting or lead to more efficient activation of host effector mechanisms which tend to lead to better therapeutic antibodies. The future of mAbs for cancer continues to be overflowing with huge potential as a result of an increasing number of new discoveries and techniques. Inspite of advances being made in terms of understanding of the complexities of the human cells there is still significant work which needs to be done.
Global Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Market & Pipeline Insight Report highlights:
- Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Market Overview
- Emerging Market Dynamics: Favorable Parameters, Challenges & Growth Outlook
- Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Pipeline by Phase, Indication, Company & Country
- Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies in Pipeline: 605
- Majority Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Preclinical Phase: 258
- Marketed Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies: 34
- Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Patent Analysis
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Monoclonal Antibodies
2. Types of Monoclonal Antibodies
3. Mechanisms of Monoclonal Antibodies
4. Need for Monoclonal Antibodies for Cancer Treatment
5. Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Market Overview
6. Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Market Dynamics
7. Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Pipeline by Phase, Indication, Company & Country
8. Marketed Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies by Indication, Company & Country
9. Suspended & Discontinued Monoclonal Antibodies Pipeline by Phase, Indication, Company & Country
10. Competitive Landscape
- Bayer HealthCare
- Biogen Idec
- Eli Lilly
- Gilead Sciences
- Seattle Genetics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gd856w/global_cancer