3 October 2014
Centrica plc (‘the Company’)
Acquisition of ordinary shares, of 614/81 pence (Shares) by a Person Discharging Managerial Responsibility (PDMR) under the Company’s North American Employee Share Purchase Plan (NAESPP).
Computershare Trust Company of Canada Inc (the Administrator) notified the Company on 2 October 2014 that the following PDMR was awarded Shares under the NAESPP on 16 September 2014, held by the Administrator on behalf of the PDMR:
Matching Shares Awarded
(pence per share)
This announcement is made following notifications under Disclosure Rule 3.1.2.
The transactions took place in London.
Head of Secretariat, Centrica plc
Centrica Investor Relations: +44 (0)1753 494900
Centrica Media Relations: +44 (0)800 107 7014
The NAESPP operates as follows:
- Each month the Administrator uses participants’ contributions (between 1% and 5% of base salary limited to a maximum investment of $10,000 per annum) to purchase shares in the market. These shares are called Partnership Shares and are registered in the name of the participant.
- For every two Partnership Shares the participants still own after two years the Company awards one Matching Share on the second anniversary of the Partnership Shares purchase.
- Participants may hold both fractional and whole Partnership and Matching Shares.
- Participants may change their monthly savings rate whenever they wish. However, Directors and others bound by the Company’s Securities Dealing Code (the Code) may not make such a change during a close period or when otherwise prohibited from dealing by the Code.
- The NAESPP is only open to employees of the Company based in Canada and the United States. No other Directors or PDMRs of the Company are participants in the NAESPP.