CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--“Retailers are no longer in control of the selling process,” Kurt Anagnostopoulos, digital expert and co-founder of the firm KeywordFirst, told MarketingProfs readers in a recent featured column.
“Customers have the information, and the customer experience will determine who gets the sale,” Anagnostopoulos wrote. “Retailers can’t afford to burn time and money guessing how to reach these customers. They need to act quickly and precisely. The ones who can do that are the ones who will win.”
The “digital world is inextricably intertwined with our lives,” Anagnostopoulos argued in his column, and he cited recent research by Google as support for his assertion:
- 90 percent of media interactions today are screen-based, a statistic that includes TVs, PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- 67 percent of buyers start shopping on one device and continue on another.
“Smart marketing dictates that you want to invest your budget dollars where they will do the most good,” Anagnostopoulos explained, which is why being able to “accurately attribute the sale to all the marketing efforts that contributed to it” is imperative for today’s online retailers.
He elaborated by identifying three realities of today’s ecommerce landscape that make incisive attribution modeling critical for online retailers:
- Every transaction is faster – there’s no time to waste guessing
- Every market is larger – even local stores can tap global markets
- Every store is more than a store – inventory spreads across all locations
To learn the details, read Anagnostopoulos’ piece on the MarketingProfs website.
KeywordFirst is a digital marketing agency that delivers search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), display, social media and mobile services. The firm’s core values are transparency in execution, accountability for results and collaboration with clients. Visit www.keywordfirst.com to learn more.