DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vdknnc/global_demand) has announced the addition of the "Global Demand, Capacity and Prices for Butadiene - Strong End-use Sectors in China to Drive the Industry" report to their offering.
China to Lead Asia-Pacific to the Forefront of the Global Butadiene Industry
China is driving the global butadiene industry with demand from its synthetic rubber and plastics sectors, accounting for 23% of the global butadiene market in 2013 and likely to increase to 25.4% by 2018. Although it has shown some signs of slowing down in the last two years, China's forecast demand growth is expected to remain the highest of all of the major butadiene markets, including the US, South Korea and Japan, over the 2014-2018 forecast period.
The global butadiene industry witnessed peaks and troughs over the 2003-2013 period. Developed regions such as North America and Europe declined in terms of demand, whereas APAC led the industry with strong demand from major end-use products such as Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR), Polybutadiene Rubber (PBR) and Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS), which are mainly used in the tire and automotive industries.
The European and North American markets are expected to remain sluggish in the next five years, as major butadiene-consuming sectors are not expected to grow substantially.
Asia-Pacific will remain the growth engine of the global butadiene industry, with the Chinese market expected to register a growth rate of 5.6% and India predicted to become one of the fastest-growing countries in terms of demand, expected to grow by 15.6% by 2018. Asia-Pacific is also the largest region in terms of production, with China dominating capacity. China's production has almost tripled over the last decade, and is still expanding. Its demand for butadiene is expected to increase further as end-use sectors are likely to maintain strong growth over the next five years. Asia-Pacific is rich in both demand and production, and so its industry dominance will continue in the future.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Global Butadiene Capacity - Complete Reliance on Ethylene Production Inhibiting Growth
- Asia-Pacific to Maintain Dominance over Supply
- Global Butadiene Industry, Supply Scenario, 2003-2018
- Global Planned Butadiene Plants - China and Russia Will Add the Most Capacity by 2018
- Global Butadiene Industry, Company Share, 2013
4 Asia-Pacific to Drive Global Butadiene Demand
- Global Butadiene Industry, Market Size, 2003-2018
- Global Butadiene Production, 2003-2018
- Global Butadiene Demand by End-Use Sector, 2013
- Global Butadiene Price Forecast, 2003-2018
5 Major Companies Active in the Global Butadiene Industry
- Sinopec, Global Butadiene Capacity, 2003-2018
- Sinopec's Active and Planned Butadiene Plants, 2013
- TPC, Global Butadiene Capacity, 2003-2018
- TPC's Active and Planned Butadiene Plants, 2013
- PetroChina, Total Installed Capacity, 2003-2018
- PetroChina's Active and Planned Butadiene Plants, 2013
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vdknnc/global_demand