DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GameStop, a family of specialty retail brands that makes customers’ favorite technologies affordable and simple, has announced a series of new loyalty incentives shoppers can take advantage of this upcoming holiday season through its PowerUp Rewards program. GameStop is also offering special financing for new PowerUp Rewards credit cardholders.
While members enjoy unique perks and benefits throughout the year, in addition to accruing points for purchases and early access to exclusives, PowerUp Rewards Pro shoppers will be able to maximize their loyalty earnings during the month of October:
“Our 28 million loyal PowerUp Rewards members told us that they wanted more benefits, features and offers,” said Frank Hamlin, chief marketing officer at GameStop. “We have heard them and are pleased to offer them the extra perks they wanted in ways that matter most to them.”
- BUY 2 GET 1 FREE COUPON: Buy any 2 pre-owned games or accessories and get 1 free. The Buy 2 Get 1 free offer will now print on the PowerUp Rewards Pro customer’s receipt at time of purchase. The offer is valid for the next transaction and must be used within 90 days.
- $50 IN EXCLUSIVE MONTHLY OFFERS: PowerUp Rewards Pro members receive a minimum of $50 in value every month. The offers will be printed and featured in-store, in Game Informer magazine, on GameStop TV and in monthly email communications to members. * A coupon is required to take advantage of these Pro exclusives. Members must access the coupons in their Active Offers.
- PowerUp Rewards Pro members will continue to receive: 10% off the purchase of any pre-owned games and accessories, 10% bonus trade credit on any games and accessory trades, 12 months of the best-selling video game magazine in the world, Game Informer.
$50 in exclusive offers for OCTOBER
- Get $50 more toward a purchase of the PlayStation® Vita: from now until October 12
- $50 off the purchase of pre-owned smart phones, from October 8-31
The new GameStop PowerUp Rewards Credit Card will provide cardholders with convenience and benefits exclusive to account holders, including being able to make purchases online, promotional financing for larger purchases, online and mobile platform card management and payment services, as well as no annual fee and exclusive offers for savings throughout the year. Upon the opening of an account, PowerUp Rewards Pro members will receive a one-time award of 15,000 bonus points, and PowerUp Rewards Basic members will receive a one-time award of 5,000 bonus points.
Additionally, PowerUp Rewards Pro credit cardholders are eligible to receive special financing in a limited time offer: no interest for 6 months on purchases of $500 or more. For instance, customers who buy a bundle containing a Microsoft Xbox One, two wireless controllers and a 12 month Xbox Live Gold Membership would qualify for special financing.
PowerUp Rewards points are awarded for purchases and trades and can be redeemed for gaming gear, fun collectibles and great money-saving coupons.
For more information on PowerUp Rewards, visit www.PowerUpRewards.com.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 6,600 stores across 15 countries. The company’s consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world’s leading print and digital video game publication; and www.buymytronics.com, an online consumer electronics trade-in platform. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes our Simply Mac, Spring Mobile and Cricket stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 33 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, http://springmobile.com, sells post-paid AT&T services and wireless products through its 238 AT&T branded stores. Cricket Wireless, www.cricketwireless.com, is a new AT&T brand offering pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories. We operate 48 Cricket stores in select markets throughout the United States.
General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website http://news.gamestop.com/. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/GameStop.