CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kronos Incorporated:
What: In honor of Manufacturing Day, Joyce Maroney, director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, welcomes Brad Nycz, director of human resources at Pioneer Metal Finishing, on the Workforce Institute Radio podcast series to discuss the manufacturing industry employment landscape of today and tomorrow. Topics include:
- Common misperceptions about manufacturing jobs, including the perceived lack of long-term career opportunities;
- Strategies that leading manufacturers employ to recruit young talent and shrink the skills gap;
- Opportunities for women in manufacturing and how organizations can attract and retain female workers; and
- How careers in manufacturing are expected to evolve through improved communication, change management, and a focus on developing strong leaders.
When: Available now
Why: The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
- About Pioneer Metal Finishing.
- Join the Manufacturing Day online conversation via social media with #MFGDay14.
- Read “Three Strategies for Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing” by Paul Kuchuris, president of the Association for Manufacturing Excellence, and Kylene Zenk-Batsford, senior manager of the Manufacturing Practice Group at Kronos.
- Connect with The Workforce Institute at Kronos via Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.