PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mondial de L’Automobile — The Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), an organization driving global technologies for phone-centric car connectivity solutions, today announced that seven of the world’s leading apps in audio, navigation and location based services will be on showcase starting today at the Paris auto show. Several automakers will demo these apps in mass-market, MirrorLink-enabled vehicles, representing MirrorLink’s graduation to the mainstream in smartphone/car connectivity.
“If safety is the cornerstone of MirrorLink’s value proposition, certification of apps for use while driving is the magic,” said MirrorLink Evangelist Antti Aumo. “All seven MirrorLink-enabled apps on display at the Paris auto show demonstrate the standard’s extraordinary versatility in optimizing content for responsible and enjoyable use while driving. The other key asset for MirrorLink is interoperability, which is evident in the number of automakers demonstrating these apps.”
MirrorLink-enabled apps on display at the Paris auto show include:
- Audioteka – Brings the audiobook experience to all available platforms, so that users can enjoy great stories wherever they are
- BringGo – A premium, turn-by-turn navigation app for mobile and in-vehicle use developed by EnGIS Technologies, Inc., a leading supplier of navigation software solutions to automotive OEMs worldwide. BringGo is available for over 80 countries and in more than 30 languages.
- Coyote – The pioneer and leading pan-European, community-based, multi-platform Driving Assistant Service, providing the relevant alert at the relevant time to more than 3.6 million drivers
- Glympse – The world’s leading location-sharing technology company that allows drivers to use their car’s display to share their real-time movements with anyone they choose, including estimated time of arrival (ETA), on a dynamic map
- miRoamer – A category-leading digital media platform for vastly improved internet radio and music entertainment
- Parkopedia – The world's leading parking information provider which allows drivers to find parking in over 6,000 cities across 50 countries
- Sygic – The world’s most downloaded offline navigation app
MirrorLink is the leading industry standard for car-smartphone connectivity and is designed for maximum interoperability between a wide range of smartphones and cars. As the only OS- and OEM-agnostic standard for car-smartphone connectivity, it empowers consumers to feel linked to their devices and responsible at the same time. MirrorLink makes connected driving safer and more enjoyable, and gives consumers freedom of choice and peace of mind when it comes to using their favorite devices in their favorite cars.
About the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC)
The CCC is dedicated to cross-industry collaboration in developing MirrorLink™ global standards and solutions for smartphone and in-vehicle connectivity. The organization’s more than 100 members represent more than 80 percent of the world’s auto market, more than 70 percent of the global smartphone market and a who’s who of aftermarket consumer electronics vendors. For further information, please visit www.mirrorlink.com.