DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Allegro Development Corporation, a leading provider of commodity risk management software, announced today the 2014 General Release of Allegro 8, its newest and most innovative software platform to date.
This updated version of Allegro 8 brings key enhancements to the software’s core solutions and modules driven by customer collaboration, and the fast-paced, changing environments of global commodity markets. Allegro’s dedicated team of product experts have been working diligently to deliver this release to the market offering its customers the most comprehensive and forward looking commodities risk management solution.
The new Allegro 8 will feature enhancements to 12 key components:
Improvements in critical business processes for commodities trading
- Enhanced support for the LNG business process from trade capture through execution;
- Modifications to the Position module to include new pricing complexities and the ability to more effectively model natural gas transportation options;
- Enhanced power scheduling including support for comprehensive loadshape capabilities and robust NERC eTag processing; and
- Improvements to environmental inventory processing.
- Reduced total cost of ownership through improvements in Net Valuation parameter setup, the ability to handle complex calculations including circular references, and support for WACOE for the environmental industry in the Net Valuation module.
Key regulatory changes including:
- Comprehensive European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) support including collateral and valuation reporting, the ability to export XML messages, support for third-party reporting, improved revision detection and custom message IDs to support trades that require breakdown for submission;
- Greater automation for meeting regulatory compliance guidelines with straight through processing for CME Clearport and Globex Transactions, Trayport MTF and non-MTF delineation, and an updated ICE interface that integrates with Endex markets; and
- FERC updates for new regulations related to 770 and EQR enhancements.
- Overall user efficiencies and system maintenance have been achieved with improved workflows and system administration improvements.
The General Release includes updated technology for an enhanced user experience. The newest version of the Infragistics UI components, and UI updates offer a more modern and intuitive look-and-feel for easier data manipulation and navigation of the system. The client UI application is now 64-bit compatible which allows for faster processing. The release also includes an installer and an automated mechanism for running scripts for easier upgrades.
“With the 2014 General Release we’re providing the market with the best solution available for commodities risk management,” said Aditya Srivastava, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Product Engineering. “This release incorporates new regulatory reporting for European markets and utilities, it offers enhanced business processes and workflows for the LNG and NG industry, and gives users the ability to more accurately track positions and account for their trades. With these new and improved technologies our customers are in a unique position to successfully navigate through the complexities of commodity markets.”
About Allegro Development
Allegro is a leading provider of commodities risk management software for power and gas utilities, refiners, producers, traders and commodity consumers. With more than 30 years of deep industry expertise, Allegro provides real-time intelligence and decision-making capabilities, from the source of the commodity (ground), through transportation, to the commodity consumer. Allegro’s software provides the global intelligence companies need to manage physical and financial positions, and to optimize their assets and portfolios using tools that quantify and mitigate risks. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Allegro has offices in Calgary, Houston, London, Singapore, Sydney and Zurich, along with a global network of partners.