MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WSO2 today announced the guest speakers for WSO2Con US 2014. Featured keynote presenters from Forrester Research, Inc., GE Global Research Center, O’Reilly Media, South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and XPLANE will be joined by several guest speakers representing enterprise customers and third-party solution providers. Together, they will examine the market forces, technology developments, and best practices for excelling in the connected world.
WSO2’s seventh user conference will be held October 27-29, 2014 at the Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF in San Francisco, CA. In addition to the keynotes and guest presentations, the three-day event also features several other technical sessions and tutorials aimed at solving IT professionals’ enterprise integration and management issues. For more information, visit http://us14.wso2con.com.
Competing in a Connected World
Today’s connected world is powered by a confluence of technology developments, including the cloud, mobile, APIs, the Internet of Things, social media and big data. Increasingly, enterprises are capitalizing on these technologies to create new connections across employees, customers and partners and gain a competitive edge through new models of agility, business collaboration, monetization and efficiency. WSO2Con US 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected world. The detailed agenda is available at http://us14.wso2con.com/agenda.
At WSO2Con US 2014, keynote presenters will explore the emerging technologies that are enabling the connected world, presenting key concepts around the application of technology to build a lean and agile connected business environment. The event features seven keynote presenters.
Jeffrey S. Hammond, Forrester Research Vice President and Principal Analyst, Forrester: Building Modern Applications, Micro-service Architectures, and High Performance Dev Teams. Mr. Hammond helps application development and delivery professionals improve productivity while building creative, high-performance cultures. He has more than twenty years of industry experience, specializing in mobile development, modern application architecture, application lifecycle management, and open source policies and projects.
Himagiri Mukkamala, GE Global Research Center Executive Director of Software Engineering – Predix Platform, Industrial Internet Platform – Enabling Next Phase of Industrial Revolution. Mr. Mukkamala leads development for the GE Predix software platform for the Industrial Internet, which enables asset performance management (APM) and operations optimization by providing a standard way to run industrial-scale analytics and connect machines, data, and people.
Tim O’Reilly, O’Reilly Media Founder, Chairman and CEO, #IoTH: The Internet of Things and Humans. Mr. O’Reilly is a partner at O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, O’Reilly’s early stage venture firm, and is on the board of Safari Books Online, PeerJ, Code for America, and Maker Media, which was recently spun out from O’Reilly Media. He publishes books, runs conferences, invests in early-stage startups, urges companies to create more value than they capture, and tries to change the world by spreading and amplifying the knowledge of innovators.
John Supra, South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) Deputy Director for Operations and Information Management and CIO, The Future for Open Platforms in Modernizing State Medicaid Systems. Mr. Supra drives department-wide transformation, performance improvement initiatives and innovations for SCDHHS operations and provider relations, project management, human resources and IT.
Dave Gray, XPLANE Founder, XPLANE: The Connected Company. Mr. Gray focuses on the complex problem of driving innovation and change in large organizations. He has authored two books on design, change and innovation, and he serves as a strategic adviser to a select group of clients. Dave currently works on BoardThing, a collaboration platform for distributed teams.
Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 Founder, Chairman and CEO, Opening Keynote. Dr. Weerawarana is a pioneer in open source and an active member of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). He was the original creator of Apache SOAP and has been part of Apache Axis, Apache Axis2 and most Apache Web services projects. He founded WSO2 after nearly eight years in IBM Research, where he was one of the founders of the Web services platform and co-authored many Web services specifications including WSDL, BPEL4WS, WS-Addressing, WS-RF and WS-Eventing.
Paul Fremantle, WSO2 Co-founder and CTO, Closing Keynote. Mr. Fremantle is also co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Reliable eXchange Technical Committee. Recognized by InfoWorld as a Top 25 CTO, he simultaneously led the development of WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and Apache Synapse ESB. Since the original Apache SOAP project, Paul has played a pioneering role in open source development, and previously led IBM's involvement in the Axis C/C++ project. A member of ASF, Paul previously served as vice president of the Apache Synapse project.
Guest Speakers: Top Priorities of the Connected Enterprise
Joining the keynote presenters at WSO2Con US 2014 will be guest speakers who represent some of the world’s leading technology innovators across a broad cross section of markets. These experts: customers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, will present case studies and key concepts around the practical application of technologies to accelerate development and support a connected business model. Featured guest presenters and topics are:
- Overcoming Challenges of Moving ESB to the Cloud, Ashok Murthy, Platform Performance Team, eBay
- Building Upon Existing Infrastructure for Mobile Applications with WSO2, Anthony Carlson, Mobile Developer, Farm Credit Services Of America
- Internet of Big Things: The Story of Pacific Controls, Sajaad Chaudry, Chief Business Officer, Pacific Controls Inc.
- MyID and Identity Service Bus, Wasim Al Ayoubi, Dubai Smart Government Department
- Big Data at Home, Joan Protasio, Software Engineer, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
- GSMA OneAPI and Connect: Operator Interoperability, Johannes Terblanche, General Manager of Managed Services, GSMA Ltd.
- Gilbarco Cloud: harnessing WSO2 flexibility to build world class SaaS offering for the Petroleum Retail industry, Giovanni Carapelli, Vice President Global Innovation & System Architecture, Gilbarco
- State of Arizona's Enterprise Services Platform (AESP) Journey, Aaron Sandeen, Deputy Director and State Chief Information Officer, State of Arizona
- Extending Gruve Health Activity Information through a Public RESTful API, Dr. David Ching, CEO, iBIT Integrated Business IT Consultants LLC, and Robert Gauthier, Managing Director and CEO, Gruve Technologies Inc.
- Real Time Clinical Decision Support and Comparative Outcomes Analysis Using Big Data, Madhu Sasidhar, Director, Private
- A Case Study on Consolidation of Middleware Platform, Badri Sriraman, Chief Architect, Karsun Solutions LLC
- Building a Multi-tenant Computational Science as a Service Platform with API Manager, Joe Stubbs, Research Scientist Associate, TACC
- API Management Driving Product Innovation in Dialog Axiata, Venura Mendis, Head of Product Service Innovation, Dialog Axiata
- How one of the largest grid management companies uses the complete WSO2 stack to provide a single platform for development of services, Sander Schoot Uiterkamp, Strategy Consultant Energy Transition IT, Alliander
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML and open source standards. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
Sponsors: Support with Solutions and Services
In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con US 2014 attendees will have an opportunity to learn about complementary technologies, solutions and services from the event’s sponsors.
- Wipro Technologies, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT). A leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company recognized globally, it has over 130,000 employees and clients across 54 countries.
- Capgemini, a Gold Sponsor, is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with almost 140,000 employees, the Capgemini Group helps clients improve their performance and competitive positioning.
- Karsun Solutions LLC, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Community Partner, is an innovation center that provides enterprise modernization services and transformation solutions to both civilian and defense federal agencies.
- SUSE, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is a pioneer in open source software, providing reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility, based on more than 20 years of engineering excellence.
- Yenlo, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is Dutch-based software development and consulting company with in-depth architectural knowledge in the areas of service-oriented computing, business process management and cloud computing.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.