DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ktzn99/enterprise_indoor) has announced the addition of the "Enterprise Indoor LBS Market in the US 2014-2018" report to their offering.
The Enterprise Indoor LBS market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 43.48% over the period 2013-2018
The indoor LBS are confined to a very limited geography; hence, they use only wireless networks such as Wi-Fi and WLAN that cover a small area. In addition, the indoor LBS require a high accuracy to locate the position of the object or device. Because of this, they use positioning technologies based on Wi-Fi, WLAN, UWB, Bluetooth, A-GPS, MEMS, and other hybrid technologies. Indoor LBS are mainly used in universities, hospitals, stadiums, shopping malls, government offices, airports, museums, convention centers, hotels, resorts, and parking areas.
The increasing popularity of context-aware computing and start-ups driving the innovation are some emerging trends in this market. Context-aware computing allows the application and the users to be aware of the user location data in relation to the position of real-world objects.
According to the report, one of the key drivers in this market is the increased adoption of LBS for its cost-effectiveness. Indoor LBS comes with very low implementation costs and zero uncertainty. Because customers are delivered content based on data gathered and analyzed from their own location information, the success of the campaign is ensured in a cost-effective manner.
Further, the report states that one of the key challenges that the market faces is security and privacy concerns. As most of the LBS solutions are hosted on open platforms to make computing simple and allow easy sharing of information, the security of customers' data poses a serious concern.
To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the following:
- Licensing of indoor LBS software, applications, middleware, and platforms
- Annual sales of devices used for indoor LBS
- Indoor LBS maps and navigation, tracking, monitoring, emergency services, and analytics
- LBS search and advertising revenue
- Indoor LBS used in commercial buildings, government offices, and important buildings as well as in the Retail, Public Safety and Security, Educational Institutions, Healthcare, Travel and Hospitality, Manufacturing, Logistics and Distribution, Oil, Gas, and Mining industries.
- TeleCommunication Systems
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ktzn99/enterprise_indoor