SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Techmanity:
- Two days of high-energy, interactive sessions tackling technologies biggest new issues
- Techmanitarian Awards honoring next-generation innovators and rule-breakers, recipients include Nicholas Negroponte, founder of One Laptop per Child; Participant Media, founded by former eBay president Jeff Skoll; and a posthumous award to internet prodigy and activist, Aaron Swartz, to be accepted by his parents.
- After-hours entertainment and networking is produced by Live Nation, including musical performances by Grammy-award winner Weezer, Thievery Corporation, Kongos, Young Rising Sons. There will also be a special show by DJ Dash Berlin.
- Startlandia exhibit hall including the hottest and most disruptive startups.
WHO: Silicon Valley’s biggest entrepreneurs including:
- Jared Leto, actor, musician and tech entrepreneur
- Gavin Newsom, lieutenant governor of California
- Tim Draper, Venture Capitalist
- Adi Tatarko, CEO and co-founder of Houzz
- Larry Lessig, Harvard University Law School
- Kellan Lutz, Actor, humanitarian
- Leah Busque, CEO and founder of TaskRabbit
- Scooter Braun, Hollywood producer
- Chirs Wanstrath, CEO, GitHub
- James Freeman, founder and CEO, Blue Bottle Coffee
- Troy Carter, tech investor and music industry pioneer, Atom Factory
- Catherine Hoke, founder, Defy Ventures
- Thievery Corporation
- Marissa Sackler, founder, BeeSpace
- Ido Leffler, co-founder, Yes To brands
- Dr. Andrew Aldrin, president, Moon Express
- Rose Broome, co-founder and CEO, HandUp
- Sonny Vu, Founder Misfit
- Marina Gorbis, Executive Director, Institute for the Future
WHEN: Wednesday, October 1 from 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Thursday, October 2 from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
WHERE: San Jose Convention Center, City National Civic Theater, San Jose State University Event Center and Studio 8.
Techmanity is Silicon Valley’s first annual technology and lifestyle event celebrating the companies and people whose products and services are revolutionizing our world.
For two days in October 2014, Techmanity will command center stage on the tech world with mind-blowing conversations with the brightest people in the industry, dozens of exciting networking events hosted by leading Silicon Valley companies and an incredible line-up of special programs showcasing the best new apps, business models and startup ideas on the planet.
Press registration: http://www.techmanity.com/media/