DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/scgkkw/borderlines) has announced the addition of the "Borderlines Between Medicines and Food" conference to their offering.
Medicines treat, cure or prevent illness. Foods provide nutrition. But are the distinctions so clear? Foods also have a physiological effect and a role in disease risk reduction - and substances whose purpose is nutritional may be presented as medicines.
An understanding of where the borderline lies between medicines and foods is essential for the successful marketing of specialist health products; getting it wrong is a costly route to market failure. However, the regulatory framework is detailed and complex, requiring a knowledge of the relevant legislation. By addressing these topics, this seminar aims to assist delegates to an understanding of how the borderline may be defined and how best to tailor the presentation of their products to the regulatory structure appropriate to them.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED AT THIS SEMINAR:
- Where is the Borderline and on which side does my product fit?
- Complying with Medicines Legislation and the Traditional Herbal Medicinal Products Directive
- Understanding and Working with Legislation on Nutrition and Health Claims for Foods
- Health Claims in Europe: Implications for Marketing and Research and Development Strategies
- Borderline Products - Practical Issues of Labelling and Advertising
- EU Borderline Law - Key Aspects
Key Topics Covered:
9.30 - Chairman's Welcome and Introduction
9.35 - Where is the Borderline?
10.30 - Health Claims in Europe: Implications for Marketing and Research and Development Strategies
11.50 - The Borderline: Food for Thought
14.00 - EU Borderline Law on Medicines and Foods
14.45 - Discussion
15.20 - Borderline Products - Practical Considerations
16.15 - Final Discussion
16.45 - End of Seminar
- Chair : Penny Viner, Vice President, Health Food Manufacturers Association (HFMA)
- Dr Chris Jones, Manager, Borderlines Sectionl, MHRA
- Gwyneth Massey, Health Food Manufacturers Association (HFMA)
- Prof David Richardson, DPR Nutrition
- Brian Kelly, Covington & Burling LLP
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/scgkkw/borderlines