DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqpcrd/survey_for) has announced the addition of the "Survey for Retinopathy Screening Devices Market" report to their offering.
In 2013, each manufacturer placed a significant number of devices in alternative locations outside of the traditional ophthalmologist and optometrist settings. The robust market that exists today for these devices primarily comprises early adopters who recognize the impact that diabetic retinopathy screening will have on their HEDIS scores and the wellbeing of their patients. These early adopters are experimenting with new models of primary care delivery that allow for the use of more expensive equipment under tighter payment schedules. Their success in implementing in-depth screening programs will pave the way for more broad-based adoption of this equipment.
The report explores three alternative forecast scenarios based on different assumptions about the evolution of prices and reimbursement rates. Growth is expected to continue under all forecast scenarios; however, the rate of growth is highly sensitive to the alternative pricing and reimbursement assumptions. Prices in the market for diabetic retinopathy screening equipment are expected to fall over the forecast period. Analysis indicates that this forecasted price erosion will trigger widespread implementation among managed care organizations, group practice PSPs, endocrinologists and, to a lesser extent, individual practice PCPs.
The study addresses the following questions:
- Are physicians and hospital administrators ready to take concrete steps toward managing widespread diabetes and diabetic retinopathy?
- What financial and other motivations drive these groups to make purchasing decisions?
- What pricing thresholds would be acceptable to different groups of purchasers?
- What logistical issues have the potential to accelerate or stall implementation of new solutions?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Scope Of Study
- Market Analysis And Forecasts
- Physician And Hospital Administrator Survey
2. Research Methodology
3. U.S. Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Device Market
- Market Analysis And Forecast
- Drivers And Limiters
- Competitive Analysis
4. Physician And Administrator Survey
- Awareness Of Issue
- Motivation To Obtain
- Price Sensitivity
- Relationships With Eye Specialists
5. Abbreviations And Survey Appendix Data
- Pricing Sensitivity By Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqpcrd/survey_for