SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT), a provider of cloud-based contact center, unified communications and collaboration services, today announced the release of Virtual Contact Center (VCC) 8.1, the latest version of its award-winning, cloud-based contact center solution that allows companies to increase customer loyalty and revenue by delivering a personalized, proactive customer engagement experience.
VCC 8.1 facilitates the establishment of direct, knowledgeable relationships between contact center agents and customers during every step of the buying cycle and throughout the life of the customer. Three key out of the box components of this new release - Proactive Web Engagement, Customer Connection Scripting, and Direct Agent Connect - provide contact centers with an easy to implement framework for building customer satisfaction and generating increased revenue for their companies.
“Designing a consistent experience across multiple channels is key to building profitable relationships with customers, old and new. An important success factor is having the tools and processes in place to painlessly create these experiences,” said Sheila McGee Smith, Principal Analyst at McGee Smith Analytics. “Virtual Contact Center 8.1 brings sophisticated contact center functionality - such as a comprehensive multi-channel routing design environment and proactive web chat - to an easy to implement cloud-based solution, significantly increasing the business value and ROI for new and existing 8x8 customers.”
8x8 Virtual Contact Center 8.1 features the following enhancements:
1. Proactive Web Engagement: Increase sales close rates on the web by bridging the gap between web self service and live agent interactions by sending an offer for a chat interaction based on behavior on the web.
- Define buttons, chat invites and popup forms that the customer will see when a chat offer is made using the configuration tool.
- Manage the customer experience through a powerful scripting tool that provides a new level of flexibility to decide when to offer chat, which invitation to provide the customer and which chat form to use.
- Routing rules in the script identify the best agent or queue based on information about the customer as well as the status of the contact center.
2. Customer Connection Scripting: A single scripting environment that manages interactions across all channels allows organizations to build loyalty by providing a consistent customer experience.
- Proactively engage customers on the channel of their choice as you see fit, or respond when they reach out to you.
- Connect customers to the right agent and arm that agent with the right information to solve the customer’s problem quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure a consistent customer experience across all channels by providing a single tool to define the flow of interactions via voice, email, chat and the web.
3. Direct Agent Connect: Out of the box capabilities that enable direct connections between agents and high value customers to build strong sales and support relationships with key customers; critical for complex sales transactions like a real estate purchase, or refinancing a house, where the customer might need to interact with their sales representative several times over the course of the transaction.
- Includes flexible framework to handle every scenario such as what to do when the agent is out of the office or on lunch break.
- Reporting and administrative tools to give supervisors insight into direct interactions.
- Gives the agent power to provide custom greetings to key sets of customers.
“In a world where consumers control how and when they engage with the companies they do business with, having an effective, multichannel customer engagement strategy is an imperative businesses can’t ignore,” said 8x8 Sr. Vice President of Product & Strategy Darren Hakeman. “Virtual Contact Center 8.1 brings together all of the capabilities and tools businesses need to ensure successful customer interactions packaged in the fastest to deploy, easiest to use cloud-based solution available.”
About 8x8, Inc.
8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT) is the trusted provider of secure and reliable cloud-based unified communications and virtual contact center solutions to more than 40,000 small, midsize and distributed enterprise organizations operating in over 40 countries across six continents. 8x8's out-of-the-box cloud solutions replace traditional on-premise PBX hardware and software-based systems with a flexible and scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) alternative, encompassing cloud business phone service, contact center solutions, and web conferencing. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or www.8x8.com/UK or connect with 8x8 on Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.