TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT, Inc. (“CVMC REIT”) announced that it has acquired multiple mission critical data centers and healthcare assets, bringing the total investment amount in its portfolio to over $1.9 billion, consisting of 5.5 million rentable square feet across twenty-one states.
Recent acquisitions include:
- The Lafayette Surgical Hospital was acquired on September 19, 2014 for a purchase price of $40,400,000. Located in Lafayette, Louisiana the property measures 73,824 square feet and is 100% leased to Lafayette Surgical Hospital, LLC.
- The Dermatology Associates of Wisconsin portfolio was acquired on September 15, 2014 for a purchase price of $28,339,280. The portfolio consists of nine properties totaling 88,114 rentable square feet. All of the properties are located within a 75 mile radius of Green Bay, Wisconsin. All properties are 100% leased to Forefront Management, LLC under individual leases.
- The Alpharetta Data Center was acquired on September 5, 2014 for a purchase price of $50,000,000.
- The Select Medical portfolio is a three-facility acquisition purchased on August 29, 2014 for a combined price of $81,300,000. Located in Akron, Ohio, Frisco, Texas and Bridgeton, Missouri, the total portfolio measures 166,807 rentable square feet and is 100% leased to affiliates of Select Specialty Hospital.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island was acquired on August 28, 2014 for a purchase price of $10,056,200. Located in North Smithfield, Rhode Island, the property measures 92,944 rentable square feet and is 100% leased to Prime Healthcare Services-Landmark.
CVMC REIT’s investment strategy continues to be focused on acquiring high-quality, long-term net leased data center and healthcare properties throughout the United States that are “mission critical” or essential to the successful operations of its tenants.
“We are delighted with the significant progress we have made recently,” said Michael Seton, President and Chief Investment Officer of Carter Validus Advisors, LLC. “As we approach $2 billion in portfolio assets, we believe we are well-positioned to continue to deliver value to our shareholders.”
John Carter, Chief Executive Officer of CVMC REIT went on to say, “We are pleased with our ability to consistently execute on our focused strategy of acquiring high-quality mission critical real estate assets in key markets across the country.”
About Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT
Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT, Inc., is a real estate investment trust that invests in mission critical real estate assets located throughout the United States. Mission critical real estate assets are purpose-built facilities designed to support the most essential operations of tenants. Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT, Inc. focuses its acquisitions of mission critical assets in the data center and healthcare sectors. www.cvreit.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws and regulations. These forward-looking statements are identified by their use of terms and phrases such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "predict," "project," "should," "will" and other similar terms and phrases, including references to assumptions and forecasts of future results. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results to differ materially from those anticipated at the time the forward-looking statements are made. Although the company believes the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that the expectations will be attained or that any deviation will not be material. The company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement contained herein to confirm the statement to actual results or changes in the company's expectations.