PETACH-TIKVA, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CIVCOM, a high end DWDM tunable transponders specialist, is first to release a line of 100G coherent transponders based on ClariPhy’s highly advanced LightSpeed-II™ family of DSPs.
CIVCOM is committed to expanding the acceptance and deployment of 100G coherent technology by optimizing its transponders to fit different market segments.
Two years after successfully launching its 1st Gen 100G coherent transponder, CIVCOM is first in the market to release a line of second generation 100G Coherent transponders based on ClariPhy 's LightSpeed-II™ DSP family of solutions. The new line of transponders offers best in class cost per bit by delivering the highest performance available with reduced cost, foot print and power consumption.
CIVCOM’s product line offers optimized transponders for different market segments:
- Metro 100G-OIF Coherent Transponder – Optimized for Metro networks, offering top performance and highly competitive pricing. This module enables vendors who deployed first generation 100G OIF modules to seamlessly provide a competitive solution for the Metro.
- Regional 100G-OIF Coherent Transponder – Designed for Regional and inter-city applications; this module holds best OSNR results in the market, reduced power consumption and size and offer significant saving compared to Gen I transponders.
- Long Haul OIF Transponder – Targeting LH and ULH networks; this premium transponder offers the highest CD compensation and best OSNR tolerance in the market, making it the most cost effective choice for this segment.
The advantages of the solution offered by CIVCOM:
- Drop-in replacement to existing Gen I line cards
- Best in class performance
- Significant saving – best Cost-Per-Bit available
- Optimization to the different market segments
- Low risk - utilizing field proven optical components
"CIVCOM and ClariPhy worked closely together to bring this line of products to the market," says Gabby Shpirer, CIVCOM’s CEO. "The test results surpassed our high expectations, especially with respect to the best-in-class performance of the modules."
"ClariPhy’s collaboration with CIVCOM has resulted in world-class MSA technology that customers have been asking for," said Nariman Yousefi, CEO with ClariPhy. “We are confident that these new industry leading coherent products will significantly accelerate 100G deployments into applications spanning regional, metro, long-haul and ultra long-haul networks, while addressing the ever-increasing demand for cost effective, high performance coherent technology."
Engineering samples will be available in Q4 2014.
About CIVCOM: CIVCOM is a specialized provider of high-end DWDM tunable transponders, providing some of the world’s most advanced solutions for telecom and storage area networking applications. Founded in 2000, and acquired by Padtec of Brazil in February 2008, the company has its HQ and R&D center in Israel. (www.civcom.com)
About ClariPhy: ClariPhy is a leading provider of 100G to 400G and beyond semiconductor solutions that establish benchmarks for performance, bandwidth, power and reach while slashing deployment costs. ClariPhy pioneered the industry, by providing the world’s fastest off the shelf, Coherent and Ethernet solutions for scaling Internet bandwidth for data centers, transport infrastructure and cloud-based networks. ClariPhy is headquartered in Irvine, California, with offices in Los Altos, California and Cordoba, Argentina. For more information, visit www.clariphy.com.