WILTON, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Headline of release (dated Sept. 17, 2014) should read: 87 Percent of B-to-B Organizations Surveyed Struggle to Optimize all of the Required Elements to Achieve Analytics Proficiency (instead of 87 Percent of B-to-B Organizations Surveyed Are Not Equipped to Manage the Data Analytics Programs, According to New SiriusDecisions Research).
The corrected release reads:
87 PERCENT OF B-TO-B ORGANIZATIONS SURVEYED STRUGGLE TO OPTIMIZE ALL OF THE REQUIRED ELEMENTS TO ACHIEVE ANALYTICS PROFICIENCY
New “Analytics Proficiency Survey” Finds B-to-B Organizations See Importance of Data-driven Decisions; Lack Analytics Expertise to Make Them
SiriusDecisions, the leading global business-to-business (b-to-b) research and advisory firm, today unveiled the results of its “Analytics Proficiency Survey.”
The research polled more than 200 organizations to determine the current state of analytics proficiency across six key areas, including skills, tools, planning, process, data and culture. SiriusDecisions’ research indicated that an effective analytics strategy requires balanced capabilities across these six areas of proficiency.
The survey shows that analytics-driven goals and capabilities continue to be important to various organizations’ agendas, but are not quite at the level that they should be. Approximately 63 percent of the b-to-b respondents surveyed can access, validate, transform and secure the data that they have, but only 13 percent are equipped to handle the growing data volumes of the future.
Some of the other key findings included:
- Corporate goals and objectives are not being driven by data: 69 percent of organizations surveyed have defined performance objectives, but only 15 percent of those surveyed are using analytics to drive those objectives.
- Make data a cultural priority: 70 percent of respondents are open to data-driven decision making, while just 15 percent drive their analytics efforts based on line-of-business requests.
- Organizations need to foster analytics expertise: 59 percent surveyed possess basic analytical skills, while only 13 percent have access to experts.
For more information on the “Analytics Proficiency 2014 Study,” contact SiriusDecisions via its website, www.siriusdecisions.com.
“For many organizations, the value of analytics capabilities is understood, but proficiencies are not where they should be,” said Bruce Brien, Vice President, Business Analytics and Technology at SiriusDecisions. “It’s important for organizations to understand the current state of the market and that while data alone cannot necessarily pull an organization forward, it can hold one back at every level.”
- For more information on SiriusDecisions’ annual Summit Europe, including its sessions and agenda, click here.
- Learn more about SiriusDecisions signature models and frameworks.
- Connect with SiriusDecisions on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
SiriusDecisions, Analytics Proficiency, Aligned Measurement Framework, Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Technology, Summit Europe 2014, Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Discovery
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance.
For more information, visit www.siriusdecisions.com.