DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r7vtqm/paraguay_lte) has announced the addition of the "Paraguay: LTE Deployments and a Nationwide Fiber-Optic Backbone Rollout Will Boost Data Consumption" report to their offering.
Paraguay: LTE Deployments and Nationwide Fiber-Optic Backbone Rollout Will Boost Data Consumption, a new Country Intelligence Report offers a precise, incisive profile of Paraguay's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Paraguay market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Paraguay's telecom and pay-TV markets generated a combined $1.30bn in service revenue in 2013, and Pyramid Research estimates that they will produce $1.35bn in 2014, up 4.0% year on year. The mobile voice and data segments alone accounted for 71.0% of total revenue in 2013, while the fixed voice (circuit-switched and VoIP) and Internet segments contributed a combined 21.5%. We expect the overall market to grow at a 4.3% CAGR from 2014 to 2019, reaching a total size of $1.67bn in 2019.
- The author expects mobile service revenue in Paraguay to grow at a CAGR of 3.3%, from $928m in 2014 to $1.1bn in 2019. Data revenue will climb from 37% of the total in 2014 to 45% in 2019.
- The Paraguayan fixed market is one of the least developed in the region. Low levels of penetration can be attributed primarily to the lack of competition in the fixed market.
- As part of Paraguay's National Telecommunications Plan for 2011-2015, the government, through Conatel, is currently supporting the deployment of a nationwide fiber-optic backbone, which will help improve and expand fixed-line infrastructure across the country, particularly in underserved areas.
- The Paraguayan government is currently working on a new draft bill to reform the country's existing telecom law, which dates back to 1995. Paraguay's telecom regulator, Conatel, is also to award spectrum in the 1700-2100MHz (AWS), 2600MHz and 700MHz bands in 2014, which will allow existing mobile operators to launch or expand their respective LTE networks in the country.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
- Personal Paraguay
- Claro Paraguay
- Tigo Paraguay
- Tigo Star
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r7vtqm/paraguay_lte