PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arizona State Credit Union awarded $38,000 to 19 deserving students and alumni of Arizona universities and colleges through its Community Leaders Scholarship and Loan Reduction Grant program.
The seventh annual grant and scholarship program supports the Credit Union’s ongoing commitment to provide financial assistance to students and alumni of in-state colleges and universities.
“The Credit Union’s cooperative culture stems from our focus on what we can do to help Arizona residents and community members,” said David E. Doss, President/CEO of Arizona State Credit Union. “Our scholarship program has been in place for seven years, and is one of the many ways we give back to the community. We are proud to once again reward students and alumni for all of their hard work.”
All 19 recipients hail from Arizona’s student and alumni population and are affiliated with one of the following schools: Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, the University of Arizona, South Mountain Community College, the University of Phoenix, Yavapai College, Estrella Mountain Community College and Coconino Community College.
The Community Leaders Scholarship helps students attending state universities, colleges and vocational schools pay for various expenses, including tuition, books and other academic necessities.
The Loan Reduction Grant assists graduates in paying on their student loans, a significant financial burden that affects many students upon graduation. The grant was awarded to graduates who exhibited strong academic prowess and active participation in community efforts.
For information regarding 2015 scholarship and grant applications, visit us online at azstcu.org.
- Aaron Burger – Northern Arizona University
- Alyssa McGregor – University of Arizona
- Angela Towner – University of Phoenix
- Blake Koolick – Arizona State University
- Brandon Quezada – Arizona State University
- Clarence Cleveland Jr. – Arizona State University
- Connie Berry – Arizona State University
- Delaney Scanlan – South Mountain Community College
- Heather McCrea – Yavapai College
- Lauren Meyer – University of Arizona
- Maria Pina - Arizona State University
- Natasha Kukowski – Arizona State University
- Nathan Eyde – University of Arizona
- Nicole Porter – Northern Arizona University
- Rianne Gibson – Northern Arizona University
- Saumya Gupta – Arizona State University
- Sergio Copus-Nunez – Estrella Mountain Community College
- Spencer Forsberg – Yavapai College
- Taylor Richards – Coconino Community College
About Arizona State Credit Union
Arizona State Credit Union is a $1.6 billion full-service, not-for-profit local financial cooperative with a statewide branch network serving the people of Arizona. More than 133,000 Arizonans turn to Arizona State Credit Union for the organization’s commitment to meeting members' needs with enhanced services and community outreach programs. Arizona State Credit Union has grown dramatically since its founding in 1951, providing a full line of financial products and services at 21 locations across the state. Over 60 years of excellence and outstanding customer service have helped the Credit Union become an eight-time winner of Arizona Business Magazine’s Ranking Arizona and a six-time recipient of the Peter Barron Stark & Associates Award for Workplace Excellence™. Arizona State Credit Union is headquartered in Phoenix and welcomes membership from businesses and individuals throughout the state. Reach us at 800.671.1098 or visit us at azstcu.org.