MIAMI BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--It’s a luxury playground for A-listers and visitors from all over the world, but 20-somethings have also found a way to play on Miami Beach alongside celebrities, athletes and models without spending thousands of dollars on their vacations. Proving again that Miami Beach is a place like nowhere else in the world, the city actually has dozens of hotels/hostels, restaurants, bars, and recreational activities for 20-something visitors who are traveling on tight budgets and limited resources.
"Millennials on limited budgets have found a vacation escape on Miami Beach," says Steve Adkins, Chair of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority. "That's because this city prides itself on its range of offerings at very fair price points that are inclusive of everyone. We want all our visitors to know they have a relaxing and enjoyable sanctum here that is stress-free on every level."
With easy, cost-effective ways to get around, free access to parks and beaches, the city is a transportation friendly urban center that makes vacations easy and stress-free no matter the age group.
“From families to girlfriends getting together for a getaway to celebrity retreats, Miami Beach has always been a haven for a wide swath of visitors,” says Grisette Roque-Marcos, Executive Director, the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority. “But our 20-somethings have also found a visit to Miami Beach doesn’t mean they have to deplete their bank accounts. There’s a whole world of fun and wonder for them that is cost-effective and affordable. And, of course, the beach, sun and Palm trees are free.”
So what to do if you’re a millennial and you want a fun place to visit for a few days? Miami Beach is the only answer with a wealth of places to stay, things to do, happening eateries, and entertaining activities. See below for a few suggestions on how twenty-somethings can get their groove on when they drop anchor on Miami Beach.
Places to Stay:
- Miami Beach International Hostel (Voted #1 Hostel in U.S.) starts from $23/bed with free breakfast, lunch and dinner EVERYDAY. More: http://hostelmiamibeach.com/index.html
- The Freehand Miami starts from $22/bed with 30% off through September. More: http://thefreehand.com/specials/30-off-all-summer-long/
- The Sobe Hostel starts from $19.95/bed with free breakfast and transportation from the Airport. More: http://www.sobe-hostel.com/
Things to Do:
- Bass Museum of Art, an historic art deco space featuring diverse art, artifacts & sculpture garden and films & lectures. The Gold exhibit is currently featured. More: http://www.bassmuseum.org/calendar/
- The Wolfsonian-FIU Museum, a must for all Art Deco mavens. Fridays, 6-9pm are FREE. More: http://www.wolfsonian.org/
- New World Symphony WALLCAST™ concerts allows visitors to experience select events throughout the season at Miami Beach SoundScape through a striking use of visual and audio technology on a soaring, 7,000-square-foot projection wall. Each WALLCAST™ concert is free to the public and does not require a ticket. More: http://www.nws.edu/Wallcasts.aspx
- Miami Beach Botanical Gardens are free and open to the public with lots of free activities including Hatha yoga every Wednesday. More: http://www.miamibeachbotanicalgarden.blogspot.com/
Restaurants/Bars to Eat & Drink:
- La Sandwicherie, 1000+ great reviews on Yelp. More: http://www.lasandwicherie.com/
- Miami Mediterranean Cuisine, enjoy exotic flavors with great prices. More: http://miamimedcuisine.com/
- Tongue & Cheek - Happy Hour features $2 sliders, $5 wings plus drink specials starting at $4. More: http://www.tandcmiami.com/
- Congress Hotel South Beach Rooftop Pool & Bar – Weekly “Beat the Clock” happy hour at the hotel’s rooftop pool & bar with unobstructed views of the beach and Ocean Drive. More: http://www.congresshotelsouthbeach.com/rooftop-pool.htm
- Patpong Road, a self-proclaimed “Bangkok Chic” bar that sits right above Khong River House More: http://miami.eater.com/places/patpong-road
- The Standard (40 Island Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139): $60/1 hour
- Miami Beach Paddle Board (1416 18th St Miami Beach, FL 33139) : $30/1 hour
- Surf Miami Beach: $25/1 hour
- South Beach Kayak (1771 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139); $15/1 hour
- Deco Bike (numerous kiosks around the city); $10/2 hour pass
About Miami Beach
With an average year-round temperature of 75 degrees, Miami Beach has an unrivaled reputation for culinary offerings, nightlife, culture, fashion, and luxurious hotels. Also a popular destination among travelers, Miami Beach was recently ranked by Trip Advisor as number one on its Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations for 2011 list and was included on both the Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. lists. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has just been named one of the top cities worldwide for 'walkability' and is equally easy to navigate by bike or by boat. Home to unique museums, to the New World Symphony and Miami City Ballet, to over 17,000 luxury, boutique and resort hotel rooms, 12 public parks and to the Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach is a destination for all seasons. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world! Visit MiamiBeachGuest.com or MiamiBeachINCARD.com for more information or contact Grisette Marcos at Groquemarcos@miamibeachvca.com.