OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The fourth in a series of special interviews A.M.BestTV is running in September to support Life Insurance Awareness Month is an interview with Michael Fanning, an executive vice president at MassMutual Financial Group. Fanning said his organization is continuing to invest in its captive sales force, saying it remains the most effective channel for life and protection products. Fanning added that the company also recognizes how technology has “changed the experience that customers expect.” Other challenges Fanning discusses include the lengthening of life expectancies and the shifting demographics. “We are getting younger. There’s 80 million Millennials. They act and think and behave very differently,” said Fanning. “Immigration has absolutely changed the face of America. People of color and multi-cultural populations are growing faster.”
Click here to view the video program: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fanning914
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company President Michael Doughty to Life Industry: Keep It Simple: Michael Doughty, president and general manager of John Hancock Life Insurance Company, says he believes buying life insurance can be hard, with too many questions, so in response, his company is looking to technology, providing useful information and new products as a solution: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=doughty914.
- LIMRA CEO Kerzner: Life Industry Needs to Move Beyond Life Events: Robert A. Kerzner believes life insurers have a huge untapped growth opportunity; yet, they must convince consumers that life insurance is a necessity, not just a purchase tied to major life events: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=kerzner914.
- Boomer Esiason Steps Up for Life Insurance Awareness: Boomer Esiason discusses events in his early life that led him to a new appreciation for the need of adequate life insurance protection: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=esiason914.
- Rates, Catastrophes and Reinsurance Outlook Dominate A.M. Best’s Canada Market Briefing: Presenters and attendees at A.M. Best's Market Briefing in Toronto examine the impact of low rates, surprising property losses and A.M. Best's revised outlook for the global reinsurance industry: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=canada914.
- “First Monday”: Leading Analysts Discuss Global Reinsurance Sector; Canada’s Insurance Industry; Growing U.S. Vision Insurance Market: Looks at the growing concerns on the global reinsurance industry’s underwriting discipline; how the Canada property/casualty and life industries have shown resilience against catastrophe losses and regulatory shifts and the potential for growth in the U.S. vision insurance industry: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=firstmonday914.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.