MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will display a wide variety of its industry-leading technologies and solutions at the Air Force Association’s Air and Space Conference and Technology Exposition (AFA) Sept. 15-17 at the Gaylord Convention Center in National Harbor, Md.
“As a supplier of critical capabilities for the Air Force, our close customer relationship enables us to deliver full spectrum solutions,” said David F. Melcher, Exelis chief executive officer and president. “AFA gives us the opportunity to continue strengthening our long-held relationship with the Air Force while showcasing our offerings to U.S. and international customers and industry partners.”
The Exelis exhibit will feature key areas of the company’s offerings: critical networks, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and analytics, electronic warfare, and composite aerostructures including:
- Positioning, navigation and timing expertise in GPS payloads and payload components, receivers and ground control systems
- Information processing, exploitation and dissemination solutions
- Integrated electronic warfare systems
- Suspension and release equipment for manned and unmanned aircraft
- Unmanned aerial system sensing technologies
- Rapid response mobile ATM radar solutions
- Launch range operations maintenance and sustainment
- Sustainment and modification of ground-based radar for space surveillance, missile warning, and missile defense
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 17,000 people and generated 2013 sales of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.